Hostile.

Requested by voracious_quill

--

Another new manager.

His name was Peo-Lin but went by 'Manager P' for short.

He had been working with the members for a few days now. The members thought their initial introductions to eachother hadn't gone so well. Manager P seemed very reserved, almost like he didn't even care to meet any of them. They gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe it was just first day nerves making him act like that, but even days later his personality hadn't changed. He remained reserved and somewhat hostile towards the members.

Manager P was a business man, and the members could tell he wasn't there to form any kind of emotional bonds or attachments with anyone he worked with. He was there to do his job and that was it.

Hobi was the first to express his sadness over how distant their new manager seemed. Their old manager was their best friend but he had taken a higher position with another company. Actually, most of their staff was their best friend so to have a new manager who didn't care to bond with anyone was disheartening.

"As long as he does his job well, I guess that's all that matters," Namjoon shrugged.

"I have an idea!" Taehyung suggested, "We should invite him over for a little night time barbecue or something! Maybe he can't form relationships at work because he's too busy. I bet if we all sat around a fire with him, we could actually get to know eachother!"

The others agreed that it was a great idea. Taehyung smiled and nodded at the small praise from the others.

Jin went and offered the invite and their manager accepted it.

--

Jungkook and Jimin were outside setting up a small tent and chairs while the others were getting the food ready when Manager P showed up at their house. Jin led him out back to their little dinner set up and told him to get comfortable. Once everyone was gathered together and eating, Manager P was the first to mention business.

"I have some schedules I need you all to look at, and then I need you guys to-"

"Can we please not talk about work?" Taehyung interrupted, "We do enough of that while actually there. Let's just forget about work for now."

Manager P glared at Taehyung but bit his tongue, "Right. Yes. Let's just...forget about work." He sipped his drink while continuing to stare at the second maknae with an irritated expression on his face.

The others all got up to go tend to the grill more or grab things from inside the house, leaving just Manager P and Taehyung sitting alone together.

Manager P turned to Taehyung, "You...you're going to be a pain in my ass, aren't you?"

"What?" Taehyung asked confused. Pain in the ass? Why?

"Based on what I've seen so far, Taehyung. Or V. Or whatever you go by...I don't like you," Manager P said sternly. Taehyung stared at the man in a moment of silence, unsure of how to respond.

 Taehyung stared at the man in a moment of silence, unsure of how to respond