𝟏𝟎 - 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗, 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚒'𝚖 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Sumeru Akademiya - Morning

Unlike the past few days, today was just another boring, normal day at the Matra Headquarters. F/N yawned, entering the building as normal, looking around. They sighed, slightly disappointed to discover that nothing unexpected would happen today. They walked over to Nabil.

"Anything new pop up?"

Nabil shook his head, "Nothing except the usual."

"And, uh-"

"Hm?"

"...Anything from Cyno?" 

Nabil raised his eyebrow, "Don't you hate the General Mahamatra? Unless... Are the rumours true?"

F/N shook their head rapidly, "NO!- I mean, no. No, the rumours aren't true. We're just friends, and nothing more. I don't see him as anything more, and I don't think he does either."

Nabil nodded, "I see. Well, good luck telling that to the rest of the Matra."

"Pardon me?"

"The rumour has gotten all around Sumeru City. Almost everybody believes you and the General Mahamatra are dating," Nabil frowned.

"F/N and I are what?"

"OH- General Mahamatra! Have you not heard the rumours going around the city?"

"I bet people are too scared to talk about it when he's nearby. Hell, I didn't even find out until my roommates told me. Those scholars act fast. Perhaps someone should teach them some manners... and not to spread foolish rumours..." F/N considered, their hand gently drifting to their weapon bag. 

"Ah, F/N- I don't think violence is really necessary in this case."

"Well, can you give me an option other than going into the Avidya Forest and hide away as a Forest Ranger for the rest of my life?"

"Hmm. You could either give the scholars what they want-"

"No," Cyno and F/N said simultaneously.

"-Or you could crush their dreams through some form of announcement."

"I don't know, crushing their dreams seems a bit harsh."