𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 - 𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚘 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Aaru Village - Late Morning

Cyno sighed, impatiently tapping his foot on the ground. He knew not to expect F/N to get up as early as yesterday, but they were really starting to test his patience now. Just as he was about to go and wake them up himself, F/N stepped out of their temporary residence.

"Good morning," They yawned, tiredly waving to Cyno, "What time are we leaving?"

"Right now. You slept through most of the morning," Cyno slightly glared at F/N.

"Oops?" They shrugged, adjusting their bag, "Let's go, then?"

Cyno nodded, turning away. He began to walk in the direction of the main desert. F/N followed behind him, looking around as they walked, taking in the surroundings. As they were close to leaving the village, Cyno stopped, noticing a tall woman waiting at the exit to the main desert. He approached her calmly, while F/N followed behind hesitantly.

"You're leaving later than you said you would," The woman noted.

Cyno gestured to F/N, "We would've left a lot earlier if somebody didn't decide to oversleep."

"I'm sorry?" F/N frowned, visibly offended, "I can't control when I wake up, you know. Besides, I was having a really nice dream about-- wait, that's irrelevant. Nevermind."

The woman glanced at F/N, "So, you must be F/N? Cyno mentioned you quite a few times while asking if there was anywhere the two of you would be able to stay. I'm Candace."

"Hello, Candace," F/N smiled, "I hope he didn't say anything bad about me."

Candace smiled back, "Quite the opposite. But, we can discuss that another time. I won't hold the two of you up any longer. Goodbye."

Candace waved to the pair and walked back to the main village. Cyno gestured for F/N to continue following him. They followed after, before finally managing to walk beside him.

"What did you say about me?" They asked, naturally curious.

"I don't think that's any of your business."

"And I think it is. After all, it was me you were talking about. Therefore, it should be my business."

"I'll tell you another time. Now is not a good time for this discussion," He frowned, glancing around every so often at the cliffs. This went on for about two hours, before Cyno finally spoke again.