𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 - 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒'𝚖 𝚗𝚊𝚒𝚟𝚎

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Aaru Village - Late Afternoon

Now that the Eremites and merchants were in the custody of the Corps of Thirty, Cyno and F/N had a lot of free time on their hands, since they'd decided they would return back to Sumeru City tomorrow, as they'd have more time during the day to walk. 

This resulted in them using their free time to visit Candace. Of course, they were staying in the shade, since Cyno and F/N had already spent the majority of their day in the sun, and the two of them had already gotten unnecessarily hot. 

"So, F/N, how long have you and Cyno been working together?"

"..." F/N looked down at their fingers, counting for a moment, "Three days."

"Three days? I'll admit, that's... rather shocking. You two seem like you would have been working together for a lot longer."

"If I have it my way, our partnership will only be temporary."

Cyno raised his eyebrow, "And why would that be? I'd say we work pretty well together."

"Four days ago, you were scolding me for slacking off at work, and now you're saying we make a good team? What's with the sudden switch-up, huh?" F/N crossed their arms.

"Just because I was reminding you how to do your job, that doesn't immediately mean I hate you as a person."

"Well, I hate to break it to you - I don't - but I don't like you."

Candace watched the exchange between the two. Although it was hard to tell, she noticed Cyno seemed almost hurt by F/N statement. She decided not to mention it for the time being, and to ask him about it later. 

"Perhaps we should change the topic... What do you like to do in your free time?"

"Depends on the day, really. Sometimes it's training, sometimes it's reading. And if it's neither of them, it's usually refusing to let my roommates sit on the sofa."

"You have roommates?"

"Unfortunately," F/N muttered, "I don't know if you know them - Alhaitham and Kaveh?"

"I know Alhaitham, but not Kaveh. Alhaitham is quite the rational type."

"That's being generous. He's so annoying at times. He almost never wants to listen to opinions - it's almost always facts. His rationality is the reason I try to stay out of our house as much as possible. And don't even get me started on his arguments with Kaveh. They're insufferable whenever they're together."