𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 - 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐣𝐨𝐛

𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗

𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗

☆꧁༒꧂☆

(Next Day) Sumeru Akademiya, Matra Headquarters - Morning

F/N yawned, entering the building, Cyno trailing closely behind them. They stopped suddenly, resulting in Cyno bumping into them while they stretched. Neither of the two said anything, not wanting to get into another debate like last night. F/N swiftly walked away and approached Nabil, "Morning, Nabil."

"Ah, good morning, F/N. You're here early. Has something happened recently?"

"Unfortunately..." They muttered, glancing at Cyno, who was now talking with some of the senior Matra. They looked back at Nabil, "So, anything of interest I should deal with?"

Nabil shook his head, "I'm afraid not. I've already dispatched some of our colleagues to go deal with all the other offences."

"Great... I'm gonna get told off for slacking again and it's not even my fault this time!" They sighed.

"Hm..." Nabil paused for a moment, considering something, "There is something you could do but... it would require the permission of the General Mahamatra in order for you to do it."

F/N sighed, "I'll do it. Anything to get me out of being scolded for doing nothing."

 Nabil nodded, glancing over at Cyno. Once it was clear his discussion was over, Nabil called to him, "Cyno! Could you come here for a moment?"

Seriously? Do you have to ask him when I'm still here?

Cyno walked over, acknowledged F/N's presence, then faced Nabil, "What is it, Nabil?"

"Mx L/N was wondering-"

"I was not wondering. I'm only doing this because I have to."

Nabil shook his head, "Don't make this harder, F/N. As I was saying, Mx L/N was wondering if they would be able to help you with your current case."

F/N blinked, "You never said it had anything to do with working with someone! We've already established I work alone, haven't we?" They pleaded, not wanting to work with Cyno, "Besides! We're not even on good terms!"

"You just sound like you're trying to get out of work," Nabil stated.

"Well, yeah. Because- ...Ah, right. I'm not supposed to be doing that anymore," They sighed in defeat, "But that doesn't mean I want to do this."