𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲

𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛

☆꧁༒꧂☆

Sumeru Wilderness - Evening

"Hmph, it seems it's getting dark out. I suppose we'll have to set up camp before it's too dark," Cyno muttered, looking up at the sky.

F/N sighed, "I don't suppose you brought two tents with you? Because I am not sharing with you." They crossed their arms.

Cyno ignored them for a moment, getting a single tent pack out of his conveniently-sized bag and tossing it onto the ground, before looking over, "If you don't intend to share, you'll be sleeping outside, you know. Unless you happen to know how to make an effective shelter for yourself, that is."

F/N silently cursed. The last time they tried to build a makeshift shelter while on a job, they woke up covered in mud and leaves - not one of their greatest moments. They watched Cyno putting up the tent, before eventually giving in, "Fine. I'll share with you under one condition. Don't decide when I go to sleep. I'll sleep when I want to."

Cyno nodded, "I wasn't planning on controlling your sleeping patterns. That would disrupt your own sleep schedule, which may hinder your ability during this job."

Hmph, and I thought he cared for a moment. But no, it would appear not. What a pity...

"Great. Also, I'm not helping you put that up," F/N tossed their bags onto the floor, walking over to a nearby apple tree. They reached up, attempting to grab an apple, before sighing and quickly returning to their bags, grabbing their W/C. They returned to the tree, knocking an apple out of the tree, smiling to themselves. 

Cyno watched, slightly amused they couldn't grab the apple on their own, before going back to putting up the tent. F/N walked back over, while eating the apple, and sat down on the floor. Fortunately, the ground was pretty dry, which suggested it probably hadn't rained in a while. This concerned F/N slightly, as it was still raining season at the time. Despite this, they decided not to worry, since the tent would probably keep the two of them dry.

After a few minutes, Cyno finished putting up the tent. He sat down in front of F/N, grabbing some candied Ajilenakh nuts from his bag, starting to eat them.

"Didn't think you were the type to like nuts," F/N muttered, reaching over to their main bag and sifting through it. Eventually, they took out their box of Genius Invokation TCG cards. They opened the box and started to adjust their deck, simply out of pure boredom.

Cyno looked over, "And I didn't think you were the type to like card games."

"Is that a problem?" F/N responded, not sure if they were supposed to be offended or not.