33

Kai POV

We made it to Olethro, where Malos and Akhos were waiting, with their respective Blades.

Akhos: What! We demanded that you come alone!

Obrona: Uh-oh… somebody didn’t listen! 

The little shit proceeded to cackle.

Malos: Akhos, do you need a new pair of glasses? She is clearly alone.

Obrona: There’s the man with the large sword with her! 

Malos seemed annoyed.

Malos: There’s nobody there, that’s not supposed to be. Clear?

At that, they both subsided, but continued to glare at me. Not that I acknowledged their presence in any way.

Malos: So lame. How long are you going to stay in that form?

Pyra: That's none of your concern! I am who I am! Where's Iona?

He gestured over towards what seemed to be large stone steps, where Iona was lying unconscious, cut up, and bruised.

Kai: That is so fucked up.

The mass bubbled in the furthest corners of my mind, trying to escape it’s confinement and drown me. 

Kai: Stay calm, don’t succumb, I can make it through this. I don’t have to know what it is to be able to overcome it.

Malos: Akhos is the meanest son of a bitch I know.

Obrona: Heeheehee! Son of a bitch!

Akhos: Hmph. I still think we should have sent them a finger or something. But you know best.

Malos: You know what we're after, don't you?

Pyra: Jin… Is he on your side too?

Malos: I exist for his benefit. That's all I'm gonna say.

Pyra: Really...

Malos: Let's end this. Now.

Pyra engaged them in combat, and while she was undeniably skilled, there was only so much she could do against two almost equally skilled opponents, who were Drivers with their Blades.

Pyra: Ah!

She got knocked away by attacks from both Malos and Akhos

Kai: I hate seeing this, but she made me promise, I’m not breaking promises.

The more hits she took, the more the feeling tried to escape the cage I had put it in, and found myself almost fighting my own emotions to keep it as far away from my base consciousness as possible

Pyra: *pant* *pant*

Akhos: Well, well. I see I'm not the only son of a bitch.

Malos: Still defiant, I see. Just give it up, girl! Think you can do it alone? Handle that power?

Pyra: I won't use that power! And I won't let you use it either!

Akhos: Hmmm? You seem to be doing nicely without your Driver.

Malos: Hmph. It's like you don't know who you're dealing with!

Pyra tried a variety of attacks, but most of them were mainly ineffective, or were blocked.

Malos: You can't beat me like that!

Rex: But maybe I can!

Kai: Good. They’re here.