Chapter 15: Inside the Mind of a Scientist

Pov: Karl

We somehow got left off with a warning. And I was locked in my room... well apartment thing.

Not to mention that Techno got locked up again, this time with heavy reinforced mental walls and door, lined with lava. At least that's what I heard from Nick. We were on a suspension for about a week. I expected more of a punishment and so did the others.

It was a weird week for me. I didn't want to stay inside the apartment thing. So, I found ways to keep myself occupied. Nick and Phil were locked in the same room so, they were both busy making plans on how they could escape while still keeping safe from them. Phil was almost left out of this. But of course, Schlatt didn't spare anyone.

Nick told me more about Schlatt. This entire situation was weird and chaotic but, according to them, this was normal.

⭒ ༺ Time Skip: 3 weeks ༻ ⭒

After that, everything returned to normal. Well, sort of. It was a normal day for them. I still think about how they caught Technoblade. The hybrid is strong enough to avoid capture but he still let them. He's an interesting being.

"Hey? Earth to Karl?" Nicks voice shot me out of my thoughts. "We have work to do." George's voice flattened the chill vibes. I saw Nicks face contort as he looked at George.

I looked down at the stack of papers I have laid out in front of me. With a few moments of silence went by before the door to our "office".

I looked up to where Dream would normally be. He wasn't any where to be seen.

"Hate to interrupt but, does it always do this?" I asked, still looking into the empty room.

"What? Disappear?... Yeah. He normally hides underneath the window area. Probably sleeping." Nick didn't look up from his binder.

"Hmph." George's phone started to buzz. He answered and put it on speaker. "Hello?" We listened in. They wasn't much noise besides some buzzing.

"Hey, George! Would happen to know where Dr. Soot is?" A girl's voice was speaking. "No. Sorry Niki. Have you tried asking Dr. Crow?" She sighed, "Yup. Said he doesn't know either." She sounded sad.

"Well, maybe he's in Schlatts office. He tends to be there a lot." She giggled. "Probably, knowing him." They fell silent for a moment, "Welp, I'll let you get back to work! Thanks!" She hung up.

"You can almost never find that man." Nick still hasn't looked up from his papers. "He's very irresponsible but, he's smart... sometimes" George flips through some of his papers.

I looked into Dreams room for a moment. "How long does he need sleep for anyways?" I didn't really mean to say it out aloud.

"Funny you ask, he doesn't need sleep. It's probably out of boredom." Nick looked up from his papers and in to Dreams room. Dream poked his head up, just enough to where you can see his eyes.

A shiver ran down my spine. Creepy.

We all go back to doing paperwork. George, already being finished, decided to have a staring contest with Dream? I don't know. They were just staring at each other-

Word Count: 551
**Hi hi update coming out soon! Sorry for forgetting to upload this!*