Chapter 1: Hallways

**Before we start, I would like to say that this is not my first story. This is just my first time uploading on here. I am used to writing scrips, so this will come out slowly and I tend to lose motivation easily. I will try to upload every week and sometimes more than once a week if possible.

Credit to the Artists of all the art in this story-!

ANYWAYS-! On to the story-! Enjoy-!**

Point Of View: Karl Jacobs

I was my first day here, at the foundation. I was pretty excited. The only thing that I didn't like was that everything was plain white. Not to mention that the hallways we're also long and empty. It looked like a maze to be honest.

I continued to follow the guard that greeted me at the front. We took a series of turns. There is no possible way of remembering how to get back to the entrance of this place. I started to think about, well, random things. But I lost that train of thought when the guard suddenly stopped. The guard knocked on the door a couple of times.

A rather short man opened the door. "Yes-?" the small man said, fixing a pair of odd glasses on his head. The man must be around 5"8. Not too short, but still short compared to me. He yawned.

"New guy-?" He looked up at me. I nodded towards him. He nodded back. The man stuck his hands in his side bag. He seemed as if he was going somewhere.

"He will be you're new partner." The guard finally spoke. His voice was deep and cold.

"Alright...."

The shorter man didn't seem to show any emotions. The guard turned around and quickly left. How the heck do these people know which way to go in these hallways? I would get lost so fast...

"My name is Dr. Davidson." He extended his hand towards me. "George Davidson to be exact." I took his hand and shook it. Both of us splitting our touch fast.

"I'm Karl Jacobs."

Suddenly, a man with a bandana shot around from a corner of one of the hallways. "George-!" The man yelled.

"How many times go I have to tell you! It's Dr. Davidson!" George snapped back. "Never-mind that! I found out something new!" The man slowed down and stopped in front of us

George sighed, "Look we have a new partner. Can this wait a little longer until I can get him settled in?".

"Oh. I guess it can wait." The man said scratching the back of his... Neck? I don't know, I can't tell.

George rolled his eyes. "This is Karl Jacobs. This will be our new... Partner."

The man looked at me up and down. "Well nice to meet you. I'm Nick Armstrong." The paper's that he was carrying seem to threaten to fall from his grasp. "I have to get back to the lab." Nick turned around. "See you guys back at the lab." Nick continued down the halls.

"I'll show you where you will be staying." George turned around and walked into the place where he emerged from. I followed him into what seems to be dorm.

"You're room is down the hall." George said. "I am going to take a nap." He walked into, I guess his room.

I walked into the empty room. God, how plain can you possibly get...

Oh well. Then it hit me... My stuff was there.... How-?

I tired to shake the feeling... Maybe they just got here before me. Yeah, they just walked faster here. Hell, there may be another way here. I shook that feeling off again and walked towards the bed. I sat down on a very soft bed.

-Time Skip-

It's been at least 2 hours. I have done nothing but sit here on my bed. I decided to check my watch. 7:30 pm.

A knock came from my door which I had closed.

I heard a voice from the other side, "Hey, I'm going to the lab. I think you should tag along."

It sounded like George. I got up and opened the door. "Yeah I'll tag along..." We walked for 5 minutes and finally reached the lab. George took out a badge and scanned it.

"Finally!" Nick called out. "I thought you guys would never come!" He walked over to us and proceeded to, well really, drag us. "I have really big news!"

We stopped in front of a glass window. "Where is it..." George said looking inside of the vacant room behind the glass window. "That's the thing! It can can become small and blend in. It's kind of like it can go invisible!" Nick said with a wide smile on his face. George was more concerned on trying to find whatever they have in there. I know that they keep creatures in here, but I just don't know what type.

Suddenly a tall white figure came in to view, scaring all three of us. "Dream!" Nick called out. The tall figure, Dream or whatever, shape-shifted into a human. It took the form of a man. He was still tall. A green hoodie was on him. He also had a mask with a creepy smile on it, covering his face. Black ripped jeans and dark brown boots that came up to his knees.

"What... That's pretty cool... But creepy at the same time. And did you seriously name it? " George said, still looking at the man.

"No. It actually told me." Nick said with his head tilted looking at the man. The man copied Nick, tilting his head. "Oh, did you here about the new arrivals?" Nick had a wide smile across his face again. Nick was now looking at George.

"There are more?" George asked.

"Yeah, they came not too long ago. Maybe about 34 minutes ago." Nick said with a shrug.

"Damn, so they just really got here. Must be freaking out." George looked over some papers that he got from the table next to him. I honestly stayed quite most of the time. I really didn't know what to do. I didn't want to get in their way. Besides, I had my own work to do. More studying.

They explained almost everything to me. The foundation, the scps, the people. They also told me something that I didn't really know how to react to. They told me about D-class. The people that they use in experiments. Some die, some live, some come out with injuries only. I have to admit, this isn't what I really expected, but I have to live with it. There is no way that they will let me go after what I just saw.

-Time Skip-

It was getting late so we decided to go back to the dorms for the night. Nick and George both started to put some things away. We all exited the room and started to head down the hallway. As we we're walking, the lights started to flash and a loud siren went off.

"SHIT-! WE HAVE TO GET TO THE DORMS-! NOW-!" George yelled. Nick grabbed my wrist and we all started to run towards the dorm. We entered the dorm and George quickly locked it behind us.

"It was probably the new ones..." Nick slid down the door, tired. I honestly don't blame him. Even if we didn't run for long. These hallways are truly a maze.

Word Count: 1250