Chapter TWENTY-FIVE

Start from the beginning

"Cole! Heyyy". The little blonde smiled happily at Cole, she was in a small apron and had flour sparingly over her face. "Look at the pancakes me and mom made".

"Wow, these are amazing Claire". Cole cooed stuffing his face with pancakes.

"Of course they are". Claire chimed. "I made them".

Mai cleared her throat getting the little blonde to turn her gaze to her mother with a nervous smile.

"We, i meant we made them". Claire corrected, as she took of her apron.

"All the same, it's really good". The blonde mumbled as he chewed on the pancake.

"You're gonna finish the pancakes at this rate". Jayson eyed the other boy.

"No I'm not". Cole said. "I've only had two".

"Three". Claire spoke up.

"See, just three". Cole smiled while Jayson just rolled his eyes as he finished setting up the table.

"Your father is coming back aft─". They all sat down and ate, casually talking.

~~~~

"Uh what's happening?". Cole asked as he entered his house and shot the door behind him.

Decorations?

The blonde was taken aback with the amount of decorations that covered the living room. Ribbons, ballons, confetti ballons, a cake.

The fuck...?

"Nice huh?". Harry, Cole's dad said as he walked out of the kitchen with more decorations in his hands.

"I mean I know she doesn't like surprise parties but this one wouldn't hurt right?". Harry continued as he fixed the last decorations.

Cole furrowed his brows for he was as confused as ever. "What do you mean?".

"You didn't forget did you?". Harry sends the blonde a surprised look which later turns into a groan.

"I'm the one who usually forgets not you". Harry sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Are we having someone over?". Cole asked trying to figure out what exactly was happening.

"Your mom, today's date doesn't ring a bell?." Harry asked.

"Uhhhh".

"Come on you're getting warmer". Harry urged the blonde to proceed with his thoughts.

It took about a minute before something finally clicked in the blonde and his eyes widened in realization.

"Holy shit". The blonde muttered.

"There you go". Harry chimed as he continued with the decorations.

"It's mom's birthday!". Cole exclaimed.

"And you forgot". Harry hummed.

"And i forgot". The blonde groaned as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Don't be hard on yourself, you've been busy with school and football. It's natural for you to forget". Harry assured the blonde.

Cole knew his dad was seemingly correct, he had been busy. From school work, the football season not to mention what was going between him and a certain brunette which he didn't even understand what their relationship was anymore.

"I know but forgetting mom's birthday is a you thing not me". Cole reminded his dad, which he wasn't far off from the truth.

Harry had a knack for not remembering his wife's birthday until the very last minute, honestly he barely remembered anybody's birthday if not reminded.

"I'm aware, and now look how the tables turn". The older man laughed.

"What do I do?". Cole asked.

"You could get her a last minute gift". Harry stated as he finished with the decorations.

"How though she'll be back at seven there's n─".

"Five". Harry corrected.

"What?."

"Five o'clock, that's when she's coming back home, she's leaving work early".

"Fucking hell". Cole hissed as he paced around the room trying to figure out what he could get for his mom.

"Wait". The blonde paused. "What did you get her?".

"A car". Harry replied.

"A car! What car?". Cole stared blankly at his dad who was calmly going through his phone.

"A Porsche cayenne". Harry muttered.

"That's her dream car". Cole gaped at the older man. Harry didn't just buy her a car, but her dream car, which he could afford seeing as he worked in a millionaire dollar company.

"She deserves it". Harry replied with a shrug.

"Wow, that's just wow". The blonde sighed out as he plopped down on the couch.

"Instead of moping you could get your ass up and go look for a gift". Harry spoke as he turned his gaze to Cole who was sulking.

"There isn't any time". Cole mumbled.

"It's just 11:30, you've got five hours and thirty minutes". The older man responded.

"But what am I supposed to get her?". Cole muttered as he pushed his brows together.

"You've got time to figure that out, now I got to go pick up the car". Harry stated as he walked towards the front door but paused for a minute.

"Get a gift, it doesn't matter what you know your mom she'd like anything you get her". Harry said as he exited the house and left Cole with his own thoughts.

If I'm going to do this i need help.

Double update ❤️