Chapter Fifteen

-Later that day-
I had been at the Millers all day and we had the best time. Hanging out with the boys and Gabriella really took my mind off of everything that was happening around me. Matt and I ventured off every now and again so we could talk about things between us and it was good. The conversations were healthy and I wasn't really used to that.
I sat down on the couch and pulled out my phone. I saw texts from my mom telling me how my dad was doing but I ignored them because I didn't want to be upset right now. Matt comes over and jumps on top of me. I giggle as he stretches out across my body and starts to snore.
"Matt! Get off you're heavy!" I complain trying to push him off. I see a smile creep on his face and he chuckles lightly.
"Oh god!" I yell with a laugh and try pushing him off once more. He flips around so his chest is on my thighs and he buries his head into my stomach. His hands quickly snake up to my waist and he starts tickling me. I scream and laugh, still trying to pry him off me. Everyone in the room was laughing at us. I start squirming around trying to get away from Matt and I kneed him. He groans and his hands immediately move down. I gasp and put my hand over my mouth.
"Oh my god! You just got kneed in the balls by a girl!" Cyrus screams and falls back onto the couch in a loud fit of laughter. Matt slowly rolls over and his face is in the couch.
"Matt. I'm so sorry." I say with a chuckle. He starts to laugh and sits up.
"That fucking hurt." He explains with a half smile on his face. He throws his head back and pulls his hands through his hair. I watch him carefully and tilt my head. I catch myself staring at the boy and blink. I look over at Cyrus, Gabriella and Noah. They were watching the both of us. My eyes widen and I clear my throat.
"Anyone hungry?" I ask pushing hair out of my face and getting up from the couch. Gabriella gets off the couch and smiles.
"I'm starving! Let's go get food!" She says to me and walks over. She intertwines her arm with mine and puts her head on my shoulder.
"I'm stealing your girl Matthew." Gabriella says looking at me. I wink at her and we throw our heads back. We walk away dramatically and I hear the boys start to laugh behind us. We get to the front door and pull our arms away from each other. We giggle to each other and walk out to my car.
"Soo! How long has this thing with Matt been going on?" Gabby asks as she gets in the passenger seat. I roll my eyes with a smile and get in my car. I sigh turning on my car and buckle.
"Since New York." I say shyly. Gabby shrieks quietly and almost jumps out of her seat.
"Have you guys..you know?" She questions me with a smirk. My eyes widen and I laugh nervously.
"No! We haven't," I laugh once again and turn on my car, "I mean before my Mom had called me to tell me about my dad we were close? I mean we were making out etcetera." I giggle softly and put my head down. I hear Gabby giggle and I feel her hand on my shoulder.
"Right before you went to the hospital?" She asks with a laugh. I nod with a stupid smile and start to back out of the driveway.
"I wanted to! I mean it was good timing you know? It just got," I pause for a second stopping at the stop sign, "Then I got the call." I say taking a right. Gabbys hand leaves my shoulder and she clears her throat.
"When I heard about your dad I almost cried. I know we aren't very close but I still think of you as a good friend and I wouldn't wish someone's dad being in the hospital. Not even my worst enemies. It's terrible to see family members in pain you know?" Gabby says pulling her legs onto the seat. I look at her quickly and sigh.
"Your mom was in the hospital right?" I asked getting onto the freeway. I could sense her nod and I take one of my hands off the wheel and hold hers.
"I'm sorry for your loss Gabby. Nobody should go through that at our age." She squeezes my hand tightly and thanks me.
"It was rough but she's in a better place! I know she's happy up there." Gabby says gently and lets go of my hand. She smiles contently and lays her head on her hand. We talk a little more about our families, the boys and school. When we got to the store the vibe had completely flipped. We got out of the car and it was like we were best friends. We walked around smiling and joking around with each other. Our arms linked the entire time.
"Pizza sound good?" I ask as we stop abruptly at the freezer aisle. She smiles and nods once. I smirk and take my arm back from her.
"I'll race you!" I exclaim getting a head start. I hear her laugh and start to chase me through the aisle. We got to the pizza and I stop with a small jump in front of the pizza.
"I win!" I say proudly with my head held up highly. I hear her panting and laugh.
"Fuck you're fast!" She exclaims to me. We laugh and grab the pizza. We grab some soda and chips then make our way to check out.
We get back to the house and all the lights are off. My eyebrows furrow and I look at Gabby.
"The cars here. Why are the lights off?" She asks quietly. I shrug my shoulders as I grab the soda out of the car. I hit the lock button and the car beeps. We start walking to the front door and Gabby grabs my arm and pulls me closer to her and she whimpers.
"What the fuck?" I say quietly before turning around to open the door. We get into the house and it was dead quiet.
"Noah?" I call out into the seemingly empty house. Nothing. By this time we had dropped the stuff in the kitchen and went upstairs to find the boys.
"Go into Cyrus's room there's so many places to hide." Gabby says running across the hall. I catch up with her and we quietly get into Cy's room. Gabby opens his closet door and motions for me to get in.
"I bet they're trying to scare us. Let's get them back." She says with a smirk. I smile at her and quickly get into the closet. We close the door and wait. After about fifteen minutes we hear Cyrus's door open and see the lights flick on.
"Gabby? Hannah? You in here?" One of the boys ask. We could see all three of the boys through the blind looking design in the door.
"1, 2," Gabby whispers quietly and puts her hand on the doorknob, "3!" We jump out and yell at the boys and the three of them scream loudly. Noah ended up on the floor with his hand gripped against his heart and Matt and Cyrus were clinging to each other. Gabby and I start laughing and look at the boys.
"That was so not even funny!" Noah yells and abruptly leaves the room, clearly upset at our attempt of a prank. Cyrus leaves as well and Gabby follows him out of the room giggling.
"What was that for Annie?" Matt asks with a sly smile getting closer to me. I smirk and shrug.
"Wanted to scare you guys." I explain plainly. He stood right in front of me and lays his hands on my waist.
"You pranked us?" He says inching his way closer to me. My breath stops and I nod.
"That's soo cruel of you Hannah Lewis." He says moving even closer. I smirk softly and shrug once more.
"Thought it was fair for all the times you pranked me." I say, almost connecting our lips. He sighs softly. Inches in between us become even smaller and he kisses me roughy. My hands cup his face quickly and his grip becomes tighter on my waist. My hands snake up behind his neck, pulling me closer to him. We slowly start moving towards the door, not pulling away from each other. He closes the door with his foot and lifts the end of my shirt up, sliding his hands under it. His kisses trail to my neck and I gasp softly.
"Matt." I say. He hums a question as the kisses get lower. His hands are now roaming my back and neck underneath my shirt. I close my eyes and my head falls back softly. His hair is now intertwined in my fingers as we fall onto the bed. His kisses stop on my collarbone. His face comes into view and he starts kissing me again. One of his hands leave my waist. I feel his touch on my hand as he takes it off the back of his neck. He intertwines his fingers with mine and lays our hands onto the bed. The kissing continues and his grip on my hand loosens a bit. This felt so good with him but it couldnt happen.
"Matt. Not here." I say softly pushing at him to get off. He takes a deep breath and sits up beside me. I lay still on the bed and take a deep breath as well.
"I'm sorry." He apologizes softly. I look at him and sit up. I take his hand and smile.
"Why are you sorry? I just don't want to be in here." I explain looking around, hinting that we aren't in his room. His eyes widen and a smile creeps onto his face. He lets out a small chuckle and looks at me.
"Wanna stay after dinner?" He asks with a smile. I tilt my head and nod softly. He gets up and puts his hand out in front of me. I take his hand and get up. We leave the room and make our way downstairs to the kitchen. Gabby and Cyrus were baking the pizza and Noah was on his phone. Matt and I gave each other a look before we sat down at the table. I smile at Matt and he shakes his head lightly.
"We have to be a little more careful." He whispers across the table. I look over at Noah and see him still on his phone. I nod at Matt and take his hand.
"We'll be fine." I reply quietly giving his hand a squeeze. He smiles gently and pulls out his phone. He quickly snaps a photo of our hands and puts his phone away. I could feel my cheeks heat up and I smile cheekily.