0

⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧

I tense up as Maven spins me around to face him. His eyes glistening with salty tears, or what I presume to be.

Johnny stays hunched behind me, his shoulders shaking as he holds back his own tears.

I stare at Maven, my heart felt like it was being crushed at the site of his broken expression.

"Is it true? Are you a human?" I look down and sigh, the grayish pale makeup on my hands smeared showing my natural skin.

"Yes." He sucks in a sharp breath as he places his hands gently on mine pulling them up between our bodies.

"I don't care, I still wanna be with you." he lets go of one hand and cups my face in the other.

I couldn't help but smile softly as his eyes lit up, a gentle loving smile on his face as he rubs a finger on my cheek.

I look past him towards Dracula's fear filled eyes.

I felt my throat close up when I realized what I had to do.

I pull Maven's hand away from my face and release our laced fingers stepping back.

I avert my eyes and glare at the ground.

"I— I don't want to be with you. Because you're a blood sucking monster. I hate monsters." I seethe out, all the anger in my tone directed at myself.

My heart in my throat when feel Johnny grab my wrist pulling me away from Maven, his eyes widen just slightly as a single tear falls from his lashes, down his pale face.

"You don't mean that." he utters, his voice shaking.

"Goodbye Maven." I force a stern tone to my voice as I don't spare him a glance, Johnny pulling me out of the ballroom.

When the doors slam shut behind me, I let my emotions go.

I let out a sob that wracked my body in full tremors.

I fall into Johnny's side as he sighs and squeezes my shoulder walking us both out of the main entrance to the hotel.