Chapter One

Alexandra White fought like hell. Her veins crackled with each blast of fire she sent out, the snow melting in her presence. Might as well put her 1600-degree body to good use, she thought.

She hadn't intended on fighting against HYDRA, however. Their soldiers were tough, she knew that from personal experience. But, they were no match for the Avengers, especially with one of their own on the opposing side.

That's right, Alex used to be in HYDRA. I know what you're saying, but hear me out. She did not realize what was being done to her was wrong at first, even if she was thirteen at the time of her abduction. She was too hard-headed for that.

When her parents died, she gave in and came to terms that nothing would be the same. In simple words, she didn't give a shit about anything or anyone and lived a life to rebel.

Rebelling was escaping. And escaping meant she got onto S.H.I.E.L.D's bad side, but no one needs to hear about the rest. The point was, she wanted something new and to live on her own for once. S.H.I.E.L.D promised to give her that if she did one simple task for them.

Start and join the Avengers Initiative.

"Shit!" Tony yelled out, trying to keep track of the weak points in the shield around their target.

"Language." Steve paused, considering what he had just said. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

"Great, I fucking love it when we don't know what to expect. Hey, Steve, you wanna comment on what I just said?" Alex's face became a full-fledged grin. She knew Tony had heard her.

"Oh, my god..." Steve mumbled under his breath, showing his shield between the trees and bouncing it off of soldiers.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it." Thor's hammer flew straight into his hand, knocking down any soldier that came in its path. "At long last."

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys." Natasha dropped a pile of bombs on one of HYDRA's tanks, setting the forest on fire. Alex could feel the sweet smell of smoke fill her lungs, only making her stronger.

"Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint hid behind the trees, watching as Alex lit the forest up with fire. The smoke around her started to rise, turning the sky a dusty grey.

"Wait a second. No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said "language"?"

Steve sighed. "I know. Alex already pointed it out." He threw his motorcycle at a group of soldiers, hooking his shield to his back. "It just slipped out."

Alex shot a round of fireballs with Clint beside her who was using his signature arrows. "It slipped out? How the hell do you slip out in the middle-"

"Do you really have to make everything dirty?"

"Yes."

Steve rolled his eyes and threw his shield at a group of soldiers who were trying to shoot at Alex from behind. "You owe me one."

——————

"What the fuck was that?" A figure zoomed past Alex and Clint at lightning speed. The only evidence it had ever been there was the trail of blue left behind.

Clint tried to shoot an arrow at the passing figure but to no avail. He was knocked off his feet, straight into the snow, while Alex remained standing, looking warily for the culprit.