He pulled back, and his eyes laid on mine. I maintained eye contact with him, and he gave me a cruel smile and walked away. He stepped into his machine and sat on the chair that was in the middle of it. The device was similar in shape to a sphere, with levers connected to the chair to control the machine. He pushed a button on the chair's armrest, and a glass door slid closed, separating us from him. He pressed another button once again, and the machine slowly began levitating. My eyes widened at the sight.

He turned the device towards the vast wormhole that seemed never-ending, and waited for further instructions. "Thirty more seconds," Caitlin said into the buildings speaker system. I could vaguely hear Iris and Eddie having a conversation in the background, but their voices shut once Caitlin turned the overhead speakers off.

My eyes veered off to my left where I noticed Cisco twiddling with his fingers. I don't think I've ever seen him this stressed. But a flash of light caught my attention. I turned to the portal where something seemed to be coming towards us in the wormhole.

If I had just blinked, I would've missed everything that I just witnessed.

Barry came running towards us, well, more towards Thawne who still sat in his device that floated in mid-air. As he came closer, he raised an arm and his hand formed a fist. I knew what was coming before it even happened.

He punched the glass that surrounded the entire device, and the force from that hit made the three of us fly off our feet and into the air. I barely had time to pull myself into a protective position which helped cover my head and neck from any damage. I hit the floor along with Joe and Cisco, the pain shot through my body but it only lasted for a few seconds before it subsided. I was now more than ten feet away from where I originally stood. I noticed glass shards that laid on the floor, surrounding the entire area. The device that Thawne was just in was in pieces. And Thawne himself? He fell to the floor, Barry right beside to him.

What in the world just happened? But then my mind began to process what just happened. Barry didn't save his mom. He didn't stick to the plan.

It seems Thawne was thinking the exact same thing because he began to slowly get up. "You didn't save her! You didn't save your mother, why? You could've had the life you wanted! You could've had anything you've ever wanted!" He shouted, his raspy voice echoing across the large room. The two speedsters were both on their feet now.

Barry pants between breaths, "I already do."

Thawne doesn't seem to happy with his response because he pulled his mask over his head and his eyes suddenly began to grow red. Fear grew deep in my stomach. The night when he attacked Cisco, Barry, and I appeared in my mind. I remember his grip on my throat. I remember the threatening words he said. I remembering looking into those vicious eyes and only feeling hate towards him.

"Not for long," The Reverse Flash said, cracking his head from side to side before running straight for Barry. After that, it was hard to tell what happened because even with my demigod reflexes, I wasn't able to keep up with the two speedsters and where they fought. But every so often, they'd slow down enough where I could see if the Reverse Flash punched Barry or if Barry was able to wrestle in his opponents arms.

"Ten more seconds!" Caitlin's voice appeared on the overhead speakers. Her voice was evidently worried. We all were. Ten seconds wasn't enough. "We're turning off the internal generators right now!"

"They're turning the wormhole off," Cisco says in relief, smiling at the two of us. "This might just work!"

Barry and the Reverse Flash continued to fight around the room. We tried our best to get out of the way, we had to be careful to not be collateral damage because the Reverse Flash wouldn't hesitate to hurt either three of us if it meant Barry got hurt in the process. I mentally counted down from ten.