[25 - Trigger-Happy]

Percy

We arrived in less than two minutes, but when we finally arrive in the Cortex, I feel so dizzy to the point where I stumble back and fall on my butt.

I had never gone that far of a distance before. And I was holding onto Barry for dear life the entire time. When we stopped, Barry and Joe easily skidded to a halt. Me, on the other hand, stopped in the middle of the Cortex, where there was nothing for me to grab on to for support. I stumbled and it felt unnatural being so still. So I fell on my butt. I felt dizzy and everything was blurry. But after a moment, I no longer saw three Barry's.

"Woah! You good?" Barry runs over to help me up, and I just flash him a smile.

"Just glad I didn't throw up this time." I straighten up, and when I do, Caitlin and Cisco walk in the room.

"Percy!" They both grin in unison and run towards me. My eyes widened as they tackled me in a hug.

Who knew they missed me so much?

I did. (lol)

"We're sorry, man. We really are," Cisco pats my shoulder with a sad smile.

"I know you are," I chuckle. "Barry already made amends for all of you. Besides, we should just let bygones be bygones, right?"

"I agree," Caitlin perks up. "But we really do owe you, Percy. Without you, it would've taken us forever to figure out who Dr. Wells truly was."

"It's really no problem," I shrug, shoving my hands in the pockets of my pants. "Anyways, have you had any other encounters with the Reverse Flash since I was gone?"

"A few. Most of them didn't end that well."

"By that, he means that the Reverse Flash broke some of his bones. Each and every time. And I'm the one who has to tend to his injuries because he never thinks before he runs into a fight," Caitlin side-eyes Barry who just smiles awkwardly.

"Sorry 'bout that."

After a short pause, Joe said, "And that's my cue to leave, see y'all later" I had totally forgotten that he was even here. He waves the four of us goodbye before jogging out of the room.

Not long after Joe leaves, Barry gets a notification from his phone. He pulls it out from his pocket swiftly and gives a cursory glance at the screen. "Ah, my day job calls. I'm sorry, this is horrible timing."

"No, no, it's fine. You got your job, we got ours. Now go," Caitlin says, pushing Barry out of the room until he gives in and speeds off.

Caitlin looks at her wristwatch and looks back up to us. "Would you guys like to go out for a late lunch? My treat?"

"You had me at lunch. Aw, man, I'm starving," Cisco grins, standing up from his chair. It was merely seconds after he stands up that the crime-alarm rings throughout the vast room. I never did get used to the roaring sound that burned my eardrums.

"We can never get a break around here," Cisco frowns, exasperated. My lips press together into a thin line. He's right. I've been here for five minutes, and I already got to go.

Cisco sits back down in his chair and looks at the number of screens before him. His eyes move back and forth before he sighs and looks up at me and Caitlin. "Meta is causing problems at the mall on Highland."