xvi. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

"Hold her mouth." her grandmother insisted. Aunt Shirley grasped her jaw, yanking her mouth open and putting all her strength into keeping it open. Lasy tried to fight it, but whatever her grandmother injected her with weakened her. "Sit still, my love. I'll make the pain leave."

Her uncle passed his mother the pliers. Lasy yelped and tried to fight even more, but it really wasn't any use. Her grandmother kept trying to reassure her everything would be okay, Lasy whimpered in pain as the plier clasped onto her already sensitive new vampire teeth. One pull felt like the pain of bones cracking again, getting even louder with her cries.

"It's almost-" her grandmother began, just as the roof of Audrey Hall was yanked completely off and her grandmothers body was pierced with a large claw, being chunked across Jericho. Lasy began to recover from the pain as her aunts and uncles tried to run for safety, the Hyde getting each and every one of them as he tore them to shreds and didn't leave a single one alive.

Lasy gasped for air, watching the large creature shrink down to a familiar body. "Tyler."

"Lasy." he leaned over her in worry, cupping her face. "Are you okay? I heard you scream but I couldn't find you, I remember the story you told me and I came looking for you."

"Un-tie me." she begged, Tyler hurried to do so. He got both wrist unties as she sat up and wrapped her arms around his shoulders in a hug. He hugged her back, feeling her heart racing in fear as he held her with one arm and used the other hand to untie her ankles. "It hurts so bad."

"Let me look." he pulled back to examine her teeth. "Your gums are bleeding real bad. What hurts?"

"Everything." she repeated herself but clutched her throat. "It feels like I swallowed needles."

"Yeah, you're thirsty. Remember?" he leaned in closer, despite being naked from the transformation, he offered her his neck first. "Go ahead, it's okay."

"I can't. I'll turn you." she pushed him away slightly, holding her throat. "I don't wanna do that to you."

"Not me, not a Hyde." Tyler shook his head at her as Lasy stared at him with those sad, big big down eyes he loved so much. "It's in Wednesday's book if you don't believe me. You won't be able to turn me, so drink up."

"You might not be able to shove me away." Lasy grabbed Tyler's waist and pulled him slightly, though her strength was as if ten bodybuilders had pulled him. Tyler stopped himself by grabbing the post she'd been laid on.

"Really?" Tyler tested her, grasped her by the waist and yanking her in with just as much hidden strength the Hyde in him had. "Try me."

"Lasy!" Ajax yelled when he'd seen her coming through the woods. "Lasy!"

"Ajax." she ran his way, finding him in a hug as the entire school had been set on fire. "We need to go g-"

Xavier walked their way as Lasy smiled. "Rain check."

"Miss me?" he offered her a cheeky grin, accepting the tight hug as Bianca walked not far behind him. "Las...ow."

"Sorry, i'm not use to it yet." she pulled away quickly as her and Bianca side hugged. She saw the odd look the boys were giving her. "I'll explain later."

Lasy and Tyler split ways when they reached the woods. What she'd told him still stood, even after he saved her. She wasn't against him, but she wasn't on his side. She had one plan that consisted of saving her friends, saving Tyler, and killing Thornhill.

Joseph Crackstone hadn't been part of that plan until he'd thrown something, nearly taking off Ajax head. Lasy immediately pulled the boy close to the group, pushing her friends behind her quickly as she out reached her arms to guard them. The four backed up slowly as the towns hero crept their way. "I smell...fresh blood. And a few outcast to go with her."