ii. 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝟏𝟎𝟏

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿@𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓼𝔂◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER TWO—
how to make a vampire happy 101

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿@𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓼𝔂◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER TWO—how to make a vampire happy 101

Lasy locked her door as five crept around, clearing her throat and making sure it was still gone. She paced, fearing she'd scare him away or scare herself into hanging up. She tried to tell herself that if she panicked too bad, all she had to do is hit the end call and blame it on bad service. It helped, but it didn't heal her entirely. But, her grades were literally terrible and her grandparents only ever sent her money if she was passing. And she loved to spend money.

"Breath, you moron." Lasy shook her head as she looked in the mirror, watching her fangs start to pop out. "Nope! Nope! Go back, go back in!"

She shoved at her teeth as her phone started to ring, screaming as she stared at it. She turned back to the mirror as she huffed. "Go back in!"

There'd only been two things that made Lasys teeth pop out uncontrollably. One, when she was hungry. And two, who she was painfully happy. For someone who felt like she was about to puke, she was happy to talk. "Chill out, you psycho."

Lasy laid on her bed with a breath, answering her phone. "Hello?

"Hey, Lasy." she could hear Tyler's smile. "Are you sick? You sound like you have a cold?"

"Just a little." she lied with a cough. "It's nice to hear your voice for the first time."

"Everything you expected?" he joked, putting her on speaker as he cracked the textbook open.

"Oh, you have no idea." Lasy hummed, clearing her throat slightly but remembering she was trying to sound different. "What are you doing?"

"What am I doing?" he laughed at her question as she hummed. "I'm just sitting at my desk. What are you doing?"

"I'm just sitting in my bed." she told him in response. "What are you wearing?"

"Wow!" Tyler laughed. "Straight to the point?"

Lasy smiled as she chuckled. "Sorry."

Shockingly, talking over the phone was the easiest thing. She thought it would be bad, like she'd panic and hang up after two sentences. But, she didn't feel so sick and on fire like she usually did. She felt okay, she felt natural. It just felt like any other text message they'd had over the past year and a half, just through voice messages instead. She was okay.

"I'm wearing jeans, and a flannel." he told her in response, she could imagine he'd put it on over the Weathervane tee when he left the coffee shop. "What are you wearing?"

Lasy gasped. "Take me to dinner first."

"So, only you can ask?" Tyler forgot all about science, standing up to lay on his bed. "My bad, I didn't know."