xvi. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿@𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓼𝔂◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER SIXTEEN—
stop talking.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿@𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓼𝔂◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER SIXTEEN—stop talking

The way Lasy hit the concrete should have hurt.

She pushed the door of her car open after she spun on the road and hit the tree due to the pain that was flooding her entire body. The snapping of her bones didn't stop, it came over and over again. There was 206 bones in the human body, that's how many times she'd have to suffer before it was over. Lasy was screaming at the top of her lungs, her blood coating the door that she'd fallen out of and her palms digging into the window glass.

She wanted to crawl for help, hope she'd get close enough for someone to hear her wails. But, the road was deserted, and it was the middle of the night. Lasy laid flat on the ground as she continued to hear the cracking, some bones snapping hard enough to bulge through her skin. Her cheek dug into the concrete as she cried, her arm out reached for help.

Then, a shadow appeared.

Lasy was thankful she'd lost consciousness due to the pain she'd faced. She wasn't sure how long ago that happened, but it had stopped now. It was past midnight, officially after her birthday. It took her a moment to realize what had happened. The legends, the myths, the unexpected, the curse. It had came to her just minutes before she was convinced she'd been free of it, that it wasn't meant to hit her.

Sometimes, the expected can be disguised to throw you off. Make you think that something was too likely to actually happen. Lasy thought that's what she had, that her story was just too predictable for it to happen to her, where the predictable was as good as dead. But, it did, and she'd lived it. Lasy knew now not to always trust the 'too predictable' mind set, it could manage to sneak up on you right when you think you're right.

A large white light was in her face, Lasy felt her wrist and ankles were tied down. Her eyes stared at the ropes she'd been strapped too. She immediately tried to break free, not doing anything.

"You've been injected with a serum to weaken you. Those ungodly strengths won't be usual for another five minutes." her grandmother english accent rung, making Lasy snap her head over. She realized where she'd been, Audrey Hall. The blood sacrifice had been done here once, the one Tyler had been talking about on the way to dress shopping. Lasy wished they'd done it in the Nightshades library, at least she'd have a 50/50 chance of Wednesday saving her. If she cared enough.

"It hurts." Lasy whined, the sore feeling of breaking every bone still lingering on her. Plus, the indescribable ace in her throat. It seemed like after breaking, they healed back to normal now due to her ability. "It hurts everywhere."

"I know, Lasy Girl." she rubbed her head. "I'm gonna make it all go away. It'll just hurt for a second."

Her eyes casted around as her uncles and aunts began to swarm her tied down body. Panic flooded Lasy as she started to thrash in her ropes. "Let me- why am I chained down? Let me go."