X. 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿@𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓼𝔂◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER TEN—
a birthday to remember.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿@𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓼𝔂◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER TEN—a birthday to remember

"Enid?" Wednesday looked around when she'd lost her friend, hearing whispers and rustles all around her. "Whoever you are, show yourself. Trying anything and you'll loose limbs."

"Surprise!" the all popped out from behind the rock with a wide smile. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Wednesday. Happy birthday to you."

Wednesday looked back at Thing in betrayal. "I should have known you were behind this. What part of no party under the penalty of death do you not understand?"

Lasy frowned as she lifted Thing up. She then pointed at Enid as the blonde gaped. "Are you throwing me under the bus?"

She nodded her head as Enid looked to Wednesday. "Don't blame Thing. It was all my idea."

"I thought my cake design was pretty inspired." Xavier smiled as he pointed to the little grim reaper on the cake. "Lasy picked the colors."

She smiled at the black decor. "Based off your fashion sense."

"The pink balloon was my little touch." Enid added in, smiling as she held the cake out more for her. "Why don't you make a wish?"

Wednesday looked at the engraving on the wall, completely unbothered by the cake. "Wait, it's latin. Fire will rain...when I rise."

"K, that's not really a wish." Enid frowned some as Ajax tried to mess with Thing in Lasys hand before they both smacked him.

"The first part of that phrase was burned into Nevermore's lawn." Wednesday got to her feet once again. "It can't be a coincidence."

"Wait, we're never eating that cake, are we?" Ajax glanced at his friends. Lasy hesitated but swiped her finger across the icing and tried to pop it in her mouth before Ajax grabbed her wrist, the two fighting over who licked it off before Wednesday interrupted the pair by her head flying backwards.

Lasy let Thing go long enough to lung forward and catch her before she hit the hard ground.

"Wait, what?" Bianca stared at Xavier.

"You sure you saw the right laptop?" Ajax was unbothered with an odd look.

"No, i'm 100%!" Xavier explained as he stood above them. "Lasy 100% has a boyfriend, or a girlfriend, I don't know but she's definitely talking to someone and they're mad at her. Someone from the Rave'N."

"Well, she was your date." Bianca gave Ajax a questionable look. "Are you and Lasy secretively hooking up?"

"If I was hooking up with Lasy, everyone would know and I wouldn't be leading Enid on. After her dance I didn't see her much." Ajax promised as he leaned forward. "Do you think she's had her first kiss and hadn't told us?"