xiii. 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐲

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿@𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓼𝔂◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER THIRTEEN—
sounds like our lasy .

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿@𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓼𝔂◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER THIRTEEN—sounds like our lasy

"Your errand was shopping?" Wednesday looked at the two big bags Lasy walked into Weathervane with. "You're late because you had to go shopping?"

Lasy nodded as she sat down next to her, eyes widened at the unknown man across the table. She slowly looked at Wednesday as the dark haired girl sighed. "Uncle Fester, this is Lacy. She's helping me with the Hyde hunt."

"Hiya, Lasy! Big fan of your grandparents." Fester gushed toward the girl as she gave a small wave. "Not much of a talker?"

Lasy shook her head as he nodded. "Understandable. We were just-"

"I think Kinbott has to be-" Wednesday stopped herself before she said Xavier's name, revealing her theory on him being the Hyde. While she knew they were currently in a fight, it was only a matter of time until they made up. Wednesday did trust Lasy, but she wasn't entirely sure if she'd blow her plan. "-the Hyde's master. The Hyde lays dormant until unleashed by a traumatic event or unlocked through chemical inducement or hypnosis."

"Aw." Lasy mumbled.

Wednesday looked to her in disbelief. "Aw?"

"Sad." she frowned. "The traumatic event part."

"Mm!" Fester tilted the ketchup upside down and squirted it into his mouth. Lasys jaw fell slightly as she watched him, blinking a few times.

"Are you listening?" Wednesday snapped at her uncle. "She must have found the Hyde and used hypnotherapy to unlock him."

"Or something traumatic happened." Lasy quoted her from earlier. "It makes me feel kinda bad for the Hyde."

"Well, don't. That'll just get you killed." Wednesday gave her a look. "I already wrote down all your mother told you about the Hyde she'd known. Anything missing from the list?"

Lasy leaned in close as she stared down at the list, running her eyes over everything as she shook her head side to side. Wednesday pulled it back to her. Lasy stood up and pointed to the bathroom, Wednesday waved her off. "Yes, go."

Lasy smiled some as she turned around and headed to the bathroom, looking over her shoulder to make sure Wednesday hadn't been looking before making a B-line toward the doors that lead to the part of Weathervane customers weren't suppose to be in. It was quiet back here, and shockingly clean. Lasy was positive Tyler had been working today because he'd made it a point to tell her before she'd left his house. She took a couple turns before finding him in a corner, leaning back against one of the counters and typing away on his phone.

His eyes snapped up when he saw her, a smile spreading across his face. "What are you doing back here?"

Lasy smiled as she shrugged her shoulders, walking over. Tyler remained still but out reached his arms to let her wrap her own around his waist and drop her head into his neck. He rubbed her back with one hand and used the other to continue to scroll. "Are you sure your aunt is getting married tonight? Because based off of the Jericho Weather app, it's suppose to rain really hard. People are already planning for lights to go out."