·45·

"Kids At Heart"

. . . And the years did, in fact, pass by.

The two have had their fights and disagreements — almost even broke up once — but that's normal in a relationship. And it's not like they haven't argued about something as friends before. This shouldn't be new to them just cuz they changed their label.

Plus, they need to practice getting through them if they plan on going through with their engagement. . .

★ 👀👀👀 ★

"I'm surprised you still said yes," Isabela says, sitting on the ground of her gigantic, flowery room along with the other girls, her legs crossed.

"Considering how you could've almost died," Dolores added, making Luisa snort and Mirabel chuckle in amusement.

"In his defense, he did say Frederico told him it was supposed to be "romantic" — i-in a way," Estella replied, rubbing the back of her neck, chuckling softly as she tells them what their new guest had suggested to her lover.

Years passed by and the Encanto started getting more and more visitors. More wanderers. More guests.

More people to entertain.

They've been doing well lately and have been accepting them with open arms, but who knows how long it'll be until someone bad comes in? Until a violent man or woman comes by and destroys their peaceful neighborhood.

Although, thanks to Mirabel, her optimism is starting to rub off on her ever-aging Abuela who's still strong and healthy up to this day. She says that so long as there's kindness and hospitality to give, they should continue to do it — hoping that one day, they'll be open to more and more people that help them make a bigger, brighter, and happier community. 

Besides, if a criminal does come, they can always kick 'em out or let Luisa drop a mountain on them. Or maybe even let Isabela imprison them in a very small, thorny cage.

It depends on who's feeling up for violence when that day comes. No one mentioned how it can't be both or more, right?

"I still can't believe he actually tried putting a ring inside a pastry," Mirabel laughed, making hand gestures. "It's food," She says, making a point.

"You could've seriously choked on that if you swallowed immediately," Luisa adds, making Dolores nod. "Yeah, a good thing. Or else you could've died," Camilo's sister agreed.

Sighing, Estella looked at her ring. It wasn't very extravagant, seeing how it was just a shiny gold ring with a beautiful white gem in the middle. It was simple, yet beautiful. She loved it.

A smile crept up on her face. "It's the thought that counts though, right?" She mumbled at the start but her voice managed to get back to normal as she spoke her question.

Her satisfied, joyous face made most of the girls smile tenderly as if they felt touched by her sincerity. However, Isabela scrunched up her nose and looked at Estella funny.

"I'm debating whether or not to be glad how you two are so in love with each other or hang the two of you upside down for a whole day just cuz of it."

"Isa!" Her sisters and cousin all retorted in unison, everyone laughing afterward.

It's safe to say that over the years, Estella's gotten more comfortable around them, as well as with the rest of the family. She doesn't melt anymore, which is a relief to her and everyone else; they never really knew what to do whenever she does that.