·35·

"How To Speedrun a Confession"

By the time the two got back to the Marquez's house, the others arrived almost the same time they did, just a few minutes earlier.

Ines and Enrique bid their guests goodbye, along with Bubo who sends his farewells through his wife since he needed to go back to his job, and the Madrigals along with Estella did the same – thanking the family for taking care of them.

Walking along the woods, Estella was found up front, leading the way since she vaguely remembers the path she and Enrique took. The three Madrigals, however, who were walking behind her mostly just chit-chatted as they hiked.

Soon, the mountains of the Encanto became more visible and apparent to the four's eyes as they continued to march forward, following the focused, teenage girl.

"Hm, I think we're making pretty good time since we actually know where we're going," Isabela mentioned, glancing at her sister.

"Hey, at least I got us there," She said with a pout, adding, "and don't jinx it, the sun looks like it's going to set soon."

"Yeah, but we wouldn't have had to worry about that if someone didn't spend way too much time gossiping with their new bestie," Camilo chimes in, he and Mirabel taking glances at each other and snickering.

"Please, we weren't gossiping, we were just sharing ideas," Isabela corrected, "You wouldn't understand our connection even if you tried," She added, huffing, making Mirabel laugh and Camilo scoff as the three of them slowly start to get close to bickering.

"I'm pretty sure I can understand, I'm not the twenty-one-year-old single female here after all," The boy says in a teasing tone.

"Ho-kay, that is a low blow," Mirabel snorted, stifling her laughter.

"Why excuse me, I'm actually single by choice. Unlike you," Isabela shoots back, "Who'd date fifteen-year-old, little, you?"

"I would," The three of them heard a voice say along with soft and faint chuckling, their heads jerking up to look at Estella who was still walking along as if nothing happened.

Thinking that she just thought about what she accidentally blurted out, she continues to move on without turning back, saying: "Be careful with these rocks, by the way."

Isabela, Mirabel, and Camilo blinked multiple times at each other, wondering if their ears just played with them for that specific moment or what.

"You..." Camilo whispered, his ears starting to get red, "You guys heard that, right?"

Isabela and Mirabel exchanged looks at each other before shrugging at the same time.

"Should I ask?" Isabela grinned, prepared to get her revenge on Camilo and ruin his entire flipping career.

Mirabel nudged her sister, "Ask when Dolores is near so the word spreads fast," She said, the two of them snickering at the blushing boy whose teasing immediately just backfired on him.

Inside the Encanto, Dolores has been getting a lot of attention these past few days ever since their family caught on to the Madrigal grandchildren's plans.

I mean, who wouldn't when there are literally three grown people missing from their household? 

Every hour of the day, she would be asked the same questions by her worried family members, especially her mother, Pepa. She's been worried and anxious about Camilo and her nieces – even the little teenage Cortez that caused all of this mayhem, which is why the weather in the Encanto has been. . . Well, chaotic.