★★★

·Valentine's Day Special·

"Under The Stars"

10 years ago

Everything was perfect; a bright and sunny day, different songs were being sung, and the people were as lively as ever. You'd think that everything was going to go smoothly, and it did. Sort of.

Ok, maybe not really.

"Mirabel!" Estella exclaimed, leaping towards Mirabel and trapping her in a tight squeeze making the little girl giggle at her.

"Hola, Estella." Mirabel smiled, hiding her nervousness behind the excitement she was feeling for tonight's gift ceremony – her gift ceremony.

"Oh, right," Estella says, letting go of Mirabel and fixing her glasses for her since it was a little crooked, remembering what she made especially for her friend. She takes out a piece of nicely decorated paper shaped into a butterfly.

"Happy Birthday!" She greeted, fiddling with her skirt along with the tip of her shoe drawing circles on the ground due to her anxiousness. "Do you like it?" She asked curiously as Mirabel took the gift and eyed it without saying a word, causing Estella to nibble on her lips as she nervously waits for her reaction.

"I love it! It's the prettiest thing I've ever seen." Mirabel replied enthusiastically as the two of them jump around giggling with each other, earning glances from the people and infecting them with their smiles.

"I was going to make you a crown made of your favorite flower, but I still don't know how to make one properly," Estella explained, disappointment and shame present on her frowning face. "It's okay, Estella. It's the thought that counts." Mirabel assured her as she looks back from Estella to her gift, looking at it like it was the most beautiful thing ever.

"Mirabel!" The two of them heard a familiar voice call along with the sound of their sandals as it slaps themselves on the ground with every footstep. "Ayyy, no," Estella whined, locking her arms with Mirabel, knowing who was running towards them.

"Aha! I knew you'd be here, Mirabel." Camilo proudly stated, pointing at his prima, someone he claims he knows inside out like the back of his hand. Mirabel smiled and waved at her cousin, greeting him by happily saying: "Hola, primo!"

Camilo smiled back at Mirabel, but as soon as his eyes landed on the girl whose arms were wrapped around his prima's tightly, his eyes started narrowing at her. "Estella." He muttered, not breaking eye contact with the girl as she glares at him with her chocolate eyes.

"Mirabel needs to come back home now!" Camilo reasoned, trying to peel Estella off Mirabel's arms as the girl started complaining. "But I wanted to spend more time with her!" She cries out before yelping in surprise when she found herself getting lifted off by Camilo who suddenly shape-shifted into one of the adults.