"Aria!" Lina engulfed her in a hug as soon as she got to the pack borders with her mate. She sadly couldn't bring herself to return her affectionate hug.

"Lina". She called, pushing her back.

"You didn't have to ran like that"

"Lina, as your Vasilissa, I order you to return to the castle..."

"Not without you " she cut her off

"...ahead of me. I'll join you soon, I promise " She whispered the last part and as soon as the last word had left her lips, her sister turned to leave, still with sad eyes.

True to her word, she followed her sister with Demitri from a distance. A tear slipped as she entered the gates of the Queendom, recalling the moments she met Doukai at the gates and her mate sensing the rush of emotions through their bond grasped her hand as they entered the castle.

Needing answers, she quickly took a turn, heading straight to the dungeons with Demitri at her heels making no move to stop her since he knew it would be futile.

Dalcia looked paler than normal for a witch, still kept imprisoned by the thorns her daughter put her in. With two claps, Aria released her.

"Have you come to finally free me?"

"Only if you're finally ready to tell me the whole story"

"What if I am not?"

"I've devised several means to get it out of you; dead or alive"

"You really have grown ruthless"

"I learned from the very best. Tell me!"

"Alright, I'll tell you everything. Not because of your threats but because I need you to know why I did what I did,all these years "

"I'm all ears, mother" She snarled

"Celma had everything; the ultimate power, beauty and love. Well, I had beauty too but I wanted power so I took it." Dalcia said smiling.

"That still leaves a lot of unanswered questions "

"I took her mate after I killed mine for being too weak"

"You're lying. Tell me the truth!" Aria demanded

"I understand you don't want to believe it, but Zekai isn't your real father but even he doesn't know that due to the magic spell of forgetfulness "

"Why?"

"I wanted power. I wanted what Celma had. That's why she made a deal to pair you together with her son so we'd be even. I couldn't let you be toyed with the fates "

"Kyria Celma, before she died, she said you had to do this after finding out what I was. What is it?"

"Have you noticed you have a mark similar to the one on your true mate's wrist?" She asked and Aria nodded

"You were born on the same day the split happened so it only made sense for the moon goddess to use you to bring the wolves back "

"About Lina's mate. You knew that too didn't you?"

"Yes. The keeper no pretend keeper "

"Pretend keeper?"

"Doukai is not actually a keeper. That's how he had a mate. It was all part of the plot to get your paths to cross."

"He knew about all this?"

"Of course. He wanted to be king. He'd do anything for that to happen "

"You're evil " Aria snapped