X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't give me that look, Kai. I've warned you several times."

"I'm sorry, Kyría Celma, I just can't control my anger sometimes"

"I know Kai. But you're a keeper of the gates of Ourà Fengàri. You're specifically chosen by Thea
Seléni. You can't question her judgment like
that" Kyría Celma advised.

"Alright, I'll take my leave now. I have to see how the Vasílissa is doing". Doukai said and got up to leave but at that moment, there was a knock on her door which she got up to answer.

It was Ismena when she opened the door.

"Oh, Vasílissa Ismena, do come in"
Kyría Celma said with a smile, ushering her in.

Aria smiled upon seeing Doukai there too. She went up to him and hugged him. He lowered his head and placed a kiss on top of her head. Aria was short, unlike her sister but she had no problem whatsoever concerning her height.

"I was on my way to see you, Kardíà". Doukai whispered to her.

"Funny how that's the reason I'm here right now. I knew you'd be here since I couldn't find you anywhere else"

"Vasílissa Ismena, may I ask why you came here?". Kyría Celma asked, clearly displeased by the position she and her chosen mate was in. His arms were around her waist and she was tucked into his side.

"I had come looking for Doukai." Aria replied

"You're taking your leave since you found him. Not so?"

"It is. Thank you"

Aria made for the door with Doukai ignoring the annoyed look on the older woman's face. Aria thought Kyría Celma should be happy with her relationship with Doukai. But then again, none of her mother's friends were happy for her and Doukai anymore. They all wanted her to accept her moon blessed now as though that would save them from some impending doom or free them from some bondage or even break a spell. They all claimed to care about her. Those same ones who convinced her to get a chosen mate suddenly hated the idea of her and her chosen mate being together. They claimed it was because they didn't want the moon goddess getting angry at her but it seemed like they had their own personal reasons. Reasons she couldn't figure out, partly because she didn't care and partly because she didn't want to know.

"I missed you so much, Kai" Aria confessed when they were in the confines of her rooms.
They stood on her balcony, Doukai's arms looped around her waist, resting on her tummy, intertwined with hers. Usually, this position brought her immense comfort and peace yet she wasn't feeling it this time. She ignored the discomfort and refused to let it bother her.

"I know Kardíà, I missed you too. I suppose you're better now?"

"Yes, especially now that I've found you" Aria whispered in reply. Her voice was barely above a whisper.

"I'm sorry you experienced such pain. You're a loved queen. Nobody would dare hurt you. Even if someone wanted to they couldn't so that makes me wonder who and why".

" I'll find them. Whoever they are"

"Do you have any suspicions?" Doukai asked

"No. Do you?"

"The werewolves."

"Nobody in the queendom would dare make deals with them, Kai. And Demitri is no fool."

"You seem to suddenly trust your moon blessed a lot, Kardià. ". Doukai said, jealousy lacing his voice making Ismena turn to face him.

" This isn't a time to get jealous over him, Kai. You have nothing to fear. "