VII

Aria was taking her stroll as usual. Walking through the cold night air of the woods beyond the Queendom's borders. She had put her usual strolls on hold for some traitor the moon decided to pair her with.

She heard movement in the leaves, making her stop abruptly. She looked around for signs of another person's presence and found none so she kept moving. That is until she heard it again. This time she found a pair of golden eyes staring back at her. No, not staring. Staring wasn't that intrusive. The eyes were looking right through her.

"Àlfa Demitri". She sneered. It had to be his wolf. She knew because her heart fluttered and she felt unusually calm. As if she wasn't just looking for a way to break a bond made by the oi moíres. The stupid bond made her heart yearn for him. As the wolf approached, she stood waiting instead of turning back as she should and when Adonis stopped before her, she run her fingers through his fur as it leaned into her. She didn't want to but she couldn't fight the mate pull. Besides their souls needed this.

The were that way for a minute or two before Aria got up and moved away from him. She was a few steps ahead when she heard bones snapping but she kept moving on without turning back.

"You know you can't ignore this forever". His voice stopped her.

"I can and I will". She argued.

"Yet a few moments ago you were running your fingers through Adonis's fur.". Demitri reminded her

"I'll admit. Adonis is quite likeable as compared to you". Aria said

"You won't look at me. Don't tell me you're shy". Demitri teased

"Don't pride yourself in looks. You're not that attractive Àlfa Demitri".
The way she said his name smoothly sent shivers down his spine but he didn't dwell on it.

"I never said that's what you're shy"

"Ourà Fengàri doesn't contain barbaric dominant creatures with baseless pride"

"You will watch your tone with me, Vasílissa Ismena". Demitri growled

"Well, at least you know better than not address me properly. And I will talk to you how I want. I don't owe you any form of decency. Don't you think?"

"I don't take disrespect lightly"

"Neither do I"

By now she had turned to face him but her eyes were trained on his face. She wouldn't dare look down because she was big on privacy. Even if he was an enemy, she wouldn't break that value. Besides, she didn't want to give him the satisfaction that she did find him attractive contrary to her earlier statement. She mentally thanked Thea Seléni that werewolves couldn't read minds.

She broke the stare and turned to walk away. This time,he let her and she couldn't have been more grateful. The moment they shared made her realize it may be really hard to fight the bond but she still wouldn't give up. She wouldn't cave in.

Lina was at the borders when Aria got there.

"Kathós sou Le vi anoixeis,
Mi me arnitheis"

She cast the spell and the barrier parted for her to make her way through it.

"How was your walk?" Lina asked her, meeting her halfway in a hug.

"I met him" Aria replied

"Demitri?" Lina asked

"As if I'd meet anyone else in the woods outside the borders" Aria snapped