Chapter 15: Retire

Sahasi and Ananda agreed that they should pass down king and queen to Kion and Rani. They knew they would do a great job.

Kion and Rani woke up, still quite tired from last night. Kion stretched, and Rani stood up. To their suprise, Ananda and Sahasi walked in.

"Hi mom, hi dad, what are you doing here?" Rani asked. "Me and your father have decided to pass down king and queen to you," Ananda said. Rani and Kion looked at each other.

"Really?" Rani asked. Sahasi and Ananda nodded. "Ok then, when is the coronation?" Rani asked. "Today," Sahasi replied. "Ok Kion, we need to get ready," Rani said. Kion nodded. They both ran out of their cave.

"So when do you think they'll realize they have to get ready in their cave?" Sahasi asked. Kion and Rani ran in. "Oops, we were to excited," Rani laughed. Ananda chuckled.

Kion and Rani got ready. "Are you excited?" Rani asked. "Well...kind of. I just never thought I'd be a king," Kion replied. Rani nuzzled him, "You'll do just fine."

It was time for the coronation. Rani and Kion jumped on the crowning rock.

A baboon mixed his finger in blue paint. He put a rainbow shape on Rani's head, and a 'V' on Kion's head.

The animals cheered in joy. Sahasi and Ananda smiled.

"When do you think they will have cubs?" Ananda asked. "I don't know," Sahasi replied.

Rani and Kion smiled at each other. Rani nuzzled under Kion's chin.

After the coronation, everyone left. Ananda and Sahasi walked up to the new King and Queen.

"You two will do great," Ananda smiled. "Thanks mom," Rani nuzzled her. They talked for a while.

At nightfall, Rani and Kion went into the tree. Now that they were king and queen, they got to sleep in the tree, and Sahasi and Ananda had to find another place to sleep.

Rani and Kion layed on the rock. "Kion?" Rani asked. Kion looked at her. "Have you thought about having cubs?" Rani asked. "Yeah, I have," Kion replied. "Do you want any?" "I don't know," Kion said. "Ok," Rani nuzzled him, and fell asleep.