Doing her seatbelt, I kiss her forehead and she looks up at me—dazed pupils, and a small face made as if she was about to cry again. "Is my princess okay?" Asking her, I push her messed up hair back and wipe the wet tears on her cheeks.

"Dada don't go." She whispers, my eyes glance at Scarlett who was looking at the both of us.

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart. Dada's got you right here." Smiling, hoping that she would smile back, I take her hand and press a kiss on her knuckles. She slightly smiles but doesn't say a word back but that was fine. "We're going home now, okay?" I say to her, she shakes her head—almost in excitement that she was going home.

Home is a serenity in the soul and with Dalia it's me. It's taken a lot of strength to make it an actual home—a place of comfort just for the two of us and with these challenges ahead of us, I need this home to be alright.

----

The route home ended up with Dalia sleeping in the car and Scarlett staying with us for the night. I sit on the edge of Dalia's bed, tucking her in so she feels warm. Staring at my little girl, it reminds me of what happened when I was a child. That trapped fear in a little child's body constantly being traumatised. But that's not what I want for her.

This life was not made for the both of us—I built this to prove everyone wrong, to prove my parents wrong. And if I didn't build this empire, I would've fallen into the trap of my father. Now with Dalia, I want to teach her the right way, the way to live her life how she wants.

I can't imagine what will happen next but it's my job as a father first to make sure my daughter doesn't go through what I went through.

"She'll be okay." My eyes dart to the door to see Scarlett in one of my hoodies, smiling reassuringly as she walks into the room.

"How do you know that?" Questioning her, I find it hard to believe that she is okay.

"Because she's here with you. She's safe here." She sits down beside me and takes my hand into her lap. "You have nothing to worry about, Elijah. I know and you know that you'll protect her with everything." She whispers, looking towards Dalia.

"What if I can't do it?" Almost choking on my words, I didn't know why I suddenly had this negative thought in my head.

"You can. Why? Because Dalia is literally your life. You care about her more than you care about yourself. I know you'll protect her from anything, even if it means risking your life." Facing her, our bodies were almost touching and I look down at her lips as she speaks.

"You believe in me that much huh?" Whispering, she lets out a small chuckle and bobs her head.

"I've seen enough to believe you."

"Fuck baby—" Quickly placing a finger on my lips, her eyes gape open which makes me chuckle.

"Your daughter is right behind you, sleeping. Think about what you're going to do or say, Elijah!" She scolds me, thinking that I'd take it seriously but instead the room fills with chuckles belonging to me. My eyes search her own, a desire to taste her immediately, to touch her so she whimpers my name.

"My bedroom, now." Holding back my smirk, I get up from the bed, followed by Scarlett. Hearing her gulp, I chuckle to myself and walk off so she could follow.

Allowing her to enter first, I close the door behind us which startles her—making her jump back into me. Wrapping my arms around her waist, she sucks her breath in, not daring to look back at me. I knew she wanted this, the way her body responded to my touch, the way her lips almost whimpered but she stopped it before it came out.

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐰𝐲𝐞𝐫 | 18+ COMPLETED जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें