46| warriors from Vikings Valhalla

Start from the beginning

But now...Seth was with her. Seth was right behind her and everything would be okay. She would make it, her babies would make it.

—————
SETH

Women went through a lot and they had every right to command men. They were the ones who held onto the pain bringing them into the world.

He thought the day Jessica said she loved him was the happiest moment in his life but carrying his son in his hands was the happiest moment in his entire life.

"You have to push Jessica. Just one more push"

"I--I can't. The pain--it's too much", she cried, sweat and exhaustion written all over her face.

"Baby, you have to do this. You already did it see? Clay needs his brother with him", he said showing her a wailing Clay.

"I'm here. We are both here and we know you can do it. You have to do this because once we are out of here I'm taking your ass to the altar", he smiled pushing back her hair from her forehead and kissing it.

"Altar? Wedding?"

"I love you and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you and our boys"

And she cried gripping his hand, biting her bottom lip until she shrieked giving it all her might.

Minutes later, his son's shrill cries filled the room and Jessica's body went limp with exhaustion.

"Ryder and Clay. I'm--I'm a father", he exclaimed his heart beating like it hadn't before.

Having his sons in both his hands brought a sudden happy feeling of making it in life and reaching the peaks he hadn't thought he would. He won the girl. He had twins and pretty soon he would have a wife.

"Congrats man", Lance patted his shoulder before his uncles gave him bro hugs.

"Welcome to the father's club, kiddo", his Uncle Kevin said.

"We expect to hear wedding bells soon, Seth", his Uncle Lucas said in his own nonchalant manner.

He was not going to wait for wedding preparations or all that nonsense concerning weddings. As soon as Jessica got better, he was going to call a priest and make it official.

The wedding would come later.

"I'm a grandma to beautiful boys", Meryl spoke and her husband Paul approached Seth.

"So you proposed to her?"

"I love her. I couldn't wait"

"Where I come from, men ask for permission to marry someone else's daughter"

Seth couldn't tell whether Paul was being sarcastic or dead pan serious. Then again, Paul Davis was always a serious tout man and he wasn't exactly a fan of him given the past.

"Asking you wouldn't have mattered because whatever answer you gave I would still marry her"

"I never liked you, you know. No father is fond of having their daughter in love with a bad boy who drives around in a beat up jeep carrying a whole lot of damaged emotions and uncertainty"

"I was young, Sir and I made mistakes"

"How sure am I you won't make a mistake this time around with her and my grandchildren?"

"I'm a changed man you'll have to trust that and you'll have to trust your daughter's love in me"

"Good answer, Cervantes. Good answer. Come by my place sometime, I would like to show you my gun collection and what I do to people who break promises"

"I'll try"

Again he couldn't tell whether Paul Davis was being sarcastic or serious.

"Good talk and you are right, you are a changed man. You took a bullet for her, the kid I knew back then wouldn't have taken a bullet for anyone"

He was right though. The kid back then didn't know what he wanted, didn't know what love was. He was broken and damaged and a major asshole.

"My boys? Where? Where are they?"

She woke up petrified and he understood her. God knew last time she must have gone through a lot being woken up like that and being told that Viv was gone.

Seating by the edge of the bed, he pulled her to him kissing the top of her head.

"Clay and Ryder are fine. You should be getting some rest"

"I wanna hold them, Seth"

"And you will. As soon as you take some rest, I'll bring them to you and you can bond"

Her hands cradling his back, he felt tears stain his shirt.

"Hey, they are okay"

"It's not that. All this--it all feels like a dream. Everything happening right now was all I imagined when I was in highschool and head over heels for you"

"It's not a dream, I'm here and I'll live for the rest of my life beside you trying to make up for my shortcomings"

He would make up for everything he had done to the mother of his children. He would love her unconditionally and erase all the bad memories of Tessa, of Noah and him leaving her to take care of Viv herself years ago.

"I forgave you, Seth a long time ago"

"I know"

But his guilt hadn't subsided in his body yet.

"I love you, the whole of you and now with our kids here? I couldn't have asked for more"

"Not even a wedding? Whether you say yes or no, I'm still marrying you Jessica Davis"

"You never asked me to marry you", she said cockily.

"I would like to think that me saying I would drag your ass to the altar meant proposing"

And she pulled away from him, pushing him off the bed.

"Seth Sandoval Cervantes, I am not marrying you if you don't get on one knee and hold out a ring for me"

Going on one knee, removing the ring from his pants pockets that had itched him for weeks, he opened his mouth,

"Jessica Davis. I love you. I love you so much that everytime I close my eyes the only person I imagine waking up next to is you. Everytime I think about heading home from work, the only person I want to be waiting for me on my house's porch is you.

And when I think of our children, the only person I want to see pregnant with my kids is you. You, Jessica Davis is who I want to be my wife. So will you do me the honors and marry me?

To be forewarned, even if you say no I'll still go ahead and force you to say our marriage vows. You are stuck with me, redhead there's no in between. So? Will you marry me?"