Highschool| no guy is perfect

JESSICA DAVIS

JESSICA DAVIS

Love just like grief had it's phases and when it came to a teenage Jessica it had happened quite faster than she had imagined.

To start with, there was the crush phase. A phase in which books would only describe as 'love at first sight' or 'sparks igniting' or your 'fanny tingling'. It had all started when Seth had taken her hand into his. Ofcourse her hand was still bigger than his but the touch...ooh a single touch had sent her emotions spiralling.

It was the way he held her hand, the way he smoothed the back of it just to make her feel at ease that had ignited so many invisible sparks between them.

Don't look at them. Look at me. You deserve a good night, don't let your brother scare you from doing so

He had whispered in her ear making all her insides turn to goo. Then as everyone danced around them, she placed her hands around Seth's neck gazing into his eyes when he was nothing more but a mere stranger.

His grey eyes had peered into hers like he had just found his Juliet. And goodness, Jessica did feel like those grey eyes were made just for her. Like he was destined be hers and she, his.

Like Cinderella, her prince charming had chosen her out of all the fair maidens in Brent's party to dance! Seth hadn't known it but for Jessica that night was everything for her. And thus at the end of the night, she lay on her bed her heart thumping and pounding at the thought of being seen and loved.

Henceforth, grey had been her favorite color because that was how much she had mastered the color of his eyes.

The second phase, and the most crucial phase of them all was the friendship phase for it was from being friends that love nurtured, that love blossomed.

"Seth? Seth?" Jessica had screamed pulling a mortified Seth from his reverie.

The truck driver who had merely missed Seth's jeep by an inch, cussed some expletives at them before driving down the road. Her heart pounded against her ribcage harshly as she grabbed hold of the edges of her seat like her soul was leaving her body.

They could have died. She would have died in his hands. She was starting to hear her father's voice ring inside her head. What if...Seth was just as bad as his-?

She didn't want to assume anything even as Seth parked his car across the road. She cocked her head to the side to glance at him and let's just say Seth was in a worse state than she was.

His hands shook, a thin line of sweat dripped down his forehead and his eyes were full of dread, of loathing, of fear, anger and denial.

She didn't know how but somehow she found the strength to move her hand. Her right hand lay on his knuckles which had already turned white due to how hard he had held onto the steering wheel.