Choi Yeonjun

December 10, 2017

[Yeonjun's POV]

I am Choi Yeonjun, I'm currently training under BigHit entertainment to hopefully one day debut. It's rough in the beginning though. People expected a lot from you when you do become a trainee which is the case for me. I was never a natural born dancer, I had an ideal body shape but lacked muscle. Since then I've worked out a lot and increased my flexibility to be able to become an amazing dancer.

It doesn't stop there though, even if you can dance or sing well the company would always find something to criticize you for. On top of that, I always had school so I always had to manage my time between the two. Despite all of these hardships I go through, I'm living my best life right now. I'm currently 18 and I've graduated Korean Arts High School with my sister Choi Yena and my best friend Choi Soobin. My sister is very important in my life as we both share the same kind of dreams and I love her with all my heart. Soobin is a really close friend we had since middle school and we're both trainees under BigHit.

"I can't believe this!" I shouted. I was walking out of the BigHit building. It was December, we just had another monthly evaluation. Despite always coming first, I keep getting criticized for something. I once wrote a diss rap to the company and they didn't quite take it too well. "Stupid BigHit and their stupid fucking criticism."

I walked along the sidewalk, mumbling to myself for a little bit. I received a call from my sister.

"Hi oppa! Where are you right now?" Yena asked me.

"I'm leaving the BigHit building why?"

"Want to meet at the ice cream shop maybe relieve some stress you have?"

"Sure I'd like to see my sister again too so that's a benefit for me."

"Okay I'll wait for you there!" Yena said and hung up the call. Yena is having a much better time than me. Unlike my company, her company isn't among the big ones so there aren't very harsh expectations for her to meet. She's a great rapper and dancer like me and her delivery usually gets praise from her company.

Once arriving at the ice cream shop I found Yena waiting there waving at me. "Oppa you're finally here! You sure took your time getting here what's wrong?"

"I was sulking..."

"Well you can continue sulking after we have ice cream let's go!" my sister said and dragged me inside the ice cream shop. I'd always come here whenever I needed to sulk from criticism. Yena would always try to cheer me up with ice cream. "Oppa what do you want?"

"Give me mint chocolate!" I said.

"Mint chocolate again? Why do you like it so much?"

"Why do you hate it so much?"

"It tastes like toothpaste!"

"You sound like Soobin saying that, mint chocolate doesn't taste like toothpaste!"

"Whatever just get your mint chocolate while I get my strawberry!" We both paid for both of our ice creams before we got seated outside. "So how's things going in the company?"

"It sucks, got another nitpick about my delivery," I said.

"Again? BigHit doesn't mess around huh. What did they say this time?" Yena asked me.

"They said that I don't have my own color! What does that even mean!?"

"I'm sorry oppa, but I don't really have the answer for you."

"While on the subject how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great, the company is so kind to me. How is Soobin?"