*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

It was miles traveled under the canopy of forest trees, the generous shade provided much appreciated protection from the sun, with prolemuris reaching and swinging from branch to branch, sometimes pausing to glance down at the people below.

A comfortable silence enveloped the group save for the light chatter of Spider and Lo'ak and the platter of footsteps against the terrain. Quickly making way back to High Camp before sundown, Jake's orders - but something in the thick murky mud caught Lo'aks attention, prompting him to hop off the log and crouch down, fingers ghosting over the large footprint imprinted in the soil, his eyebrows furrowed. "This is way too big for a human.."

Tuk peered up at the void above, worriedly noticing the sun nearing eclipse in routine of its daily embrace, "We're always supposed to be home by eclipse!" her plead fell on deaf ears.

Spider perked up beside Lo'ak, "Avatars?", his blue friend stood from his crouched position, eyeing the minuscule damage in the surrounding greenery, "maybe, they're for sure not ours.."

You also bent down to inspect, taking note of the freshness, it couldn't have been more than mere minutes. Kiri took hold of Tuk's hand, following after her blue friend, questioning his actions - "what are you doing?" - "he's tracking, he's quite good at it too actually!.." you said beside her, she seemed impressed, watching as Lo'ak took in every minuscule detail, from the slightest tear in the smallest of leaves,the exposed area of the first layer of tree bark, to the disturbed vines. His eyes were sharp.

Lo'aks tracking led you all to the perimeters of their father and mothers last encounter with Quaritch, The Battlefield. Strictly ordered to not step a single foot within it's territory. Under the camouflage of large greenery, your eyes landed on the presence of 6 military clad avatars coming into view, your breath immediately hitching in your throat. "We are never supposed to come here, your dad is going to ground you.." Kiri whispered, Lo'ak simply rolled his eyes with a shush, "can you stop?"

You immediately piped in, knowing exactly what would be going on in his mind, hand securely gripping his wrist, "She's right Lo'ak, you're already in enough trouble as it is, just call it in and let's head back home.." your pleading tone flooded his ears, the worry in your eyes making him hesitate; but only for a second. You knew you were defeated when that sly grin crawled onto his lips, his arm wrapped around yours with a reassuring squeeze that did nothing to ease your worries. "It'll be quick, I promise!"

And with that he and Spider creeped their way further ahead, your shoulders slumped, turning to Kiri with a low groan, "He is going to be the death of me.."

And so you sat, waiting anxiously for the boys to return, only being a mere few minutes before you saw their familiar heads peak through the shrubbery as they came to gather with you, a sigh of relief passing through your lips as Lo'ak helped you to your feet - hand ready to reluctantly relay his discovery to his father.

"Told you I'd be quick.." he let out with a cocky smile, that smile quickly turning to a scowl as he pressed the button on his woven choker, definitely not looking forward to another lecture.

"Devil dog...devil dog this is eagle eye, over." His fathers voiced came through the device, "Eagle eye send your traffic."

"I got eyes on some guys..they look like avatars but their in full camo and carrying AR's, there's six of them - over." His eyes locked with yours, a deep sigh leaving his chest at his fathers next relay, "What's your position? Over."