Hi again *edited*

hi, im sorry for going M.I.A i've been busy with school and started this chapter months ago but never got around to finishing. It might be a little bit till the chapter after this comes out. I have finals and regents coming up so i'll be studying a lot. But i'll be updating as much as possible all throughout summer and when exams is over.

narrator

July 21

ash's pov:

We woke up before everyone, she stayed the night without anyone knowing. It was really early in the morning. Was it smart to let her stay the night? Probably not. Even though she's slept over before, never in the same room as me and if Fez were to come in my room right now he'd flip shit on me.

I was on my phone sitting on my bed, El just came back from the bathroom and was now sitting at my desk. She tends to draw when she gets bored.

"Ash I'm bored, I think I'm gonna sneak back into my house and get ready"

"What no." I said pleadingly, I just want to spend time with her. I know I always do but I like when she's around I guess.

"I'm gonna come back," she said getting up from the chair and grabbed her phone from the charger, "plus we have plans with everyone today." Uh what.

"Since when?"

"Since now, Rei texted the group chat."

"Do we have to?" I said sitting up facing her. She was wearing my sweatpants and the hoodie she wore over here. Her hair was in its natural curly state. She smiled at me as I starred at her, "yes now I have to sneak back into my room."

"Fine."

"Goodbye Ashtray."

"Goodbye Elara." I said mocking her tone. She smiled shacking her head at my childish behavior. I opened the window and helped Ej carefully onto the roof. Just as I shut the window, I heard knock on my door. My eyes widened, I went to close the window but she stopped me giving me a peck on the cheek. I smiled lightly while closing the window.

I opened my door to see Fez standing impatiently. "Good your up Lexi and I can't decide what we want to make for breakfast." Fez said looking at me as I opened the door. Are we for real...

"how about waffles and bacon or something like that?"

"Thanks Ash!" Lexi called from the bottom of the steps. "Ash you good bro?" Fez questioned.

"Uh yeah why?"

"Cuz you seem off I guess."

"I'm okay I swear." I responded, making an X over my heart. "Alright I'll call you when breakfast is ready, why don't you invite El and them over."

"I'll text her."

elara jean

I snuck back in my room through my window, my room was exactly how I left it last night. I cleaned my room and picked out an outfit. I walked to the bathroom and did my usual routine. As I walked back into my room my phone was ringing, Ash's name lite up the screen. I walked over to my night stand and answered the phone putting it on speaker.

"Sup"

"Lexi wants you to come over for breakfast"

"Not just her" I heard Lexi say in the background. I knew she meant my whole family, I really don't get why her and Fez like them so much they aren't even that great. "I'll tell my dad, see you again in like 10 minutes latest."

"See you soon"

Ash hung up the phone and I got dressed. I wore a cropped violet spaghetti strap and a dark pear of denim jean shorts. I threw on some sneakers and ran down the stairs. "Da," I called out walking into the kitchen, "We got invited for breakfast at the O'Neills house."

"I'm sorry Jean I was in my office, what'd you say?"

"Did you eat breakfast already?"

"No, why?"

"The O'Neils invited us over, where's Enzo and Leo?"

"Not sure probably in the Enzo's room"

"Do you wanna go or should I say it only me?"

"No no I'll go I just need to finish up, by the way later I have to go to the diner." He continued, "I also need you to start taking more shifts again."

I nodded and ran up the stairs, I knocked on Enzo's door waiting for the okay to come in.

20 minutes later

Leo knocked on their door impatiently after ringing the dell. I saw the shadow of Fez through the blurred glass on their front door.  The ginger swung open the door and looked down at Leo immediately. Leo pushed passed him laughing at the look on his face.

We walked in and went to the kitchen. Dad and Enzo sat at the table with Fez drinking their coffee.

I walked over to the island when Ash was sitting. He looked up from his phone and smiled at me lightly. I smiled back at him, whispering softly, "Hi again." He smiled again while looking back at his phone. I put my head on his shoulder watching whatever he was watching.

"Hey Lex you need my help." I asked looking up from Ashtray's phone. She shook her head 'no' turning back to the waffle maker.

During Breakfast

We all sat around the table talking about plans for the day. Me and Ash sat next to each other as usual. We were all joking around and laughing. I felt a handing on my thigh, I knew who it was yet I still looked up at Ash.

After Breakfast

Me and Ash said we'd clean up so my dad can go to work with Enzo at the diner, while Fez and Lexi took Leo to the park down the street.

I stood by the sink washing the pans we used. Ash brought over the plates putting them in the dishwasher. He came up behind me putting his arms around my shoulders and putting his chin resting on my head. He hugged me tightly.

I smile lightly at the gesture. His cologne is strong, filling my senses. The smell of weed mixes with it. It's a combination I've gotten used to smelling.

After we finished cleaning up we sat in the living room watching criminal minds before going to meet Rei and everyone. I laid my head on his chest watching as the next episode started. I heard the front door and quickly sat up. Ash looked at me weirdly as I sat up. Leo came running in straight towards me.

ashtray

The front door flew open and Fez and Lexi's voices flooded the door way. EJ sat up quickly, I looked at her weirdly not understanding why. We used to sit like this all the time before yesterday happened. Leo came running in towards El, he jumped right on her hugging her tightly while laughing his little head off.

I stared at her as she hugged him back. She was tickling him and hugging him tightly. I don't get why she did that.

"Hey Ash it time to leave."

"Okay."