I thought your ass was dead *edited*

elara jean

July 12

We heard a knock on the door, we both got up and Ash opened the door. Fez stood at the door way. "So you guys good know?"

"Yeah...we're good." Ash said looking down at me, although I am standing up right next to him. He spoke with hesitation, reasonably so.

"Bro good I can't stand more yelling" Fez laughed as he spoke. "And like you'll never believe who's here right now."

"Wait who's here Fez?" Ash questioned his brother. Fez gave a reassuring smile to us and spoke up making me and Ash break the eye contact we held. "Why don't you two like come down and see for yourself man."

Ash quickly took my hand and followed Fez down the steps. As we walked from the hallway I could see a curly haired brunette sitting at the island and Lexi, with Leo in her arms, on the side closest to the stove.

"I thought your ass was dead." I heard Ashtray say from besides me. The girl turned around smiling at him. "And I thought you had asbergers until I realized you were just a prick." The girl responded without hesitation.

"I missed you Asstray." She walking over and pulling him into a tight hug.

"I kinda missed you to Rue." Ash said hugging her back.

"And who is this." Rue said elbowing Ash and pointing at me. "This my friend Elara, she's also our neighbor." He said putting his arm around me. I smiled and waved trying not to be awkward. "Oh so your the girl Lexi was telling me about, well it's nice to meet you El." She said pulling me into a quick hug.

narrator

time skip

"Oh my god I remember that! That was such a fun New Year's party." Rue said as her and Lexi reminisce on life before she moved out of East Highland. Ash and Elara sat on the couch watching criminal minds. Ashtray put his arm around Elara and she laid her head on his chest. This was normal for them, to be so close. Fez and Lexi always thought it was so cute.

Ash tried his best not to wake the girl that laid peacefully on his chest as he tried getting his phone from his pocket to answer a text. Rue looked over at them, she smiled at the boy that was basically like a little brother to her. She liked seeing him happy. It was very clear Elara was the one that helped him find his happiness again.

"He really likes her huh?" Rue said to Lexi, who was making another batch of ice tea. Lexi smiled at the brunette and just nodded ever so slightly. Rue smiled turning to look at the pair on the couch once again. "But you know Ash when they first met he did not like her. They couldn't be more opposite from each other." Lexi said laughing quietly.

"She grew on him very quickly though." Lexi loved Elara with Ash. She thought they were perfect for each other. The perfect example of opposites attract. "Yeah she seems to make him very happy." Rue replied.

"Not always, they have little arguments, most childish like who gets to pick the tv show, but they went to a party last night with two friends from their group and I'm guessing Elara said something pretty fucked up he was ignoring her all morning. She's never actually done anything to hurt him. My guess is that yesterday was just a one to many drinks situation. But I know Ash he won't be able to trust her like he used to. He let his guard and she broke his trust. I can already tell that guard is slowly gonna go back up." Lexi said to Rue, filling her in on all the stuff she missed out on.

"Woah that was a lot to process." Rue said holding to fingers to each side of her temples. Lexi laughed as she poured Rue and herself another glass of ice tea.

Ash didn't know exactly what he felt for Elara. He's never actually loved someone in a way that wasn't platonic. Like the love he feels for Rue is different then the love he feels for Ej. Rue is family. He could see himself in the future starting a family with Elara. A family of their own.

The only person that can really tell how in love Ash is with Elara is Fez. Fez knows Ash can't even see it. She brought out an even better person in him. After all the fucked up shit they've been through growing up, it's like the universe knew they were meant to find each other.

time skip

As Elara woke up from her nap the sound of her father's voice could be heard. When she fully woke up she realized Ash fell asleep too. They were still cuddled up with each other and a blanket over them. She slowly got up making sure not to wake him. She walked into the kitchen hugging Enzo then her dad.

"Glad you can join us." Mr. Marino said hugging his daughter.

"Where'd you and Enzo go last night?" She questioned almost immediately. Enzo chimed in as he stuffed a piece of biscuit in his mouth. Which Lexi quickly snatched the rest of it from his hand. "Don't touch." She said waving her finger at him.

"We went to one of the lawyer looking guys, the one that want to make the diner a chain or something. His office was like two towns over so we stayed the night."

"Really da that's great. What'd he say?"

"I'm thinking it through, if I say yes with this company they take a lot of control and I'm not sure if I like the way they work."

"That's fair"

25 minutes later

narrator

Ash woke up in time for dinner, they had let him sleep because he didn't sleep well last night with everything that happened. The two families, including Rue, sat at the dinner table. Enjoying the presence of one another. Everyone got to know Rue and she got to know everyone too. They all discussed ideas of things to do over the weekend while Rue was in town. It was a nice family dinner. But Elara couldn't help but remain feeling guilty for how she hurt Ash with her drunken words. She knew she didn't deserve his forgiveness but she was gonna take this second chance and never make the same mistake again.

A/N: I low-key don't like this chapter as much as last chapter. Like I like it but at the same time I feel like it's all over the place.