Hi? *edited*

narrator

June 26

The rain pounded on the window to Elara's room, the wind can be heard slamming against the screening. The thunder was loud sending a shock wave through Elara waking her up almost immediately. Not long after the thunder the brunette girl saw bright lightening crackle in the sky.

Elara unplugged her phone checking all the things she missed from the night before. She opened her camera roll scrolling through old photos. Pictures of her friends were all over the the screen. She then continued to scroll to the way beginning. Pictures of her and her mom scattered across the tiny phone screen. Elara selected the photos deleting all but one. She never had a good relationship with her mom. Apart of her misses her but the other part is glad she's gone. The abuse her and her siblings endured was awful, something no kid should have to go through. 

Elara met her best-friend Valerie when they were 2. Ever since that first day of day care they've been inseparable every since. About 3 years later, at age 5, Elara met Kingsley. In first grade Elara finally had class with Val and Kings. That's how the duo became a trio. The 3 met Rylan in 5th grade when they all had class together. They all instantly clicked with the boy. Then 7th grade met Reily, and this group remained the same ever since. 

elara jean 

The rain finally slowed down around 12 the sun was trying to come out but the grey and white clouds took over the sky for the rest of the day. At 12:30 the doorbell rang, it echoed all throughout the house. I got up from my bed and through on a hoodie and leggings. I walked down the stairs to see my dad talking to people in the living room.

"Speaking of this is my daughter Elara Jean"

I walked into the room seeing our neighbors, the O'Neils. I made eye contact with Ashtray. We starred at each other for a few second before I finally spoke up.

"Hi?"

"Hi, it's nice to meet you I'm Lexi Hayward" Lexi continued "This is Ash and Fezco" she finished.

"Nice to meet you all." Although I already met the stubborn boy standing next to the ginger.

"El hunny go get Aurora and Enzo" Dad said to me while he walked to the living room the family of three following. Leo ran to him from the kitchen. I laughed at my little brother as his hair bounces up and down from running.

I walked to the steps screaming for the couple. I walked innocently into the living room, smiling at my dad as he gives me that look. "Really?" he said sighing as he smiles at me gently. "What it's effective" I said back to my father laughing slightly. I sat next to Ash and looked at him. He was trying to hide the smile forming on his lips. He looked down before looking back up at my dad. Enzo and Rory came down not to long after I called for them. My dad ran through the whole this is 'My oldest son', 'My favorite child', 'This is my oldest and his girlfriend Aurora' blah blah blah.

"Aren't you guys mad young to be parents?"

Is he deadass right now?

"Enzo go away." I said getting up pushing him out the living room into the hallway. He pushed me back and we started pushing each other back and forth as my dad tried to continue talking over our bickering. 

"Can't you put 2 and 2 together?"

"Yeah I can, the answers 4." Enzo said raising his eyebrows making a weird face at me. I gave him a dirty look while slapping the back of his head lightly.

"You're actually dumb she's literally 20 and Ash and Fez are brothers"

"Oh" he proceeded to the scream back into the living room. "My bad Lex." Luckily you could hear her quiet laugh, letting us know she want offended. "Enzo go upstairs" Aurora said rolling her eyes at my brothers chaoticness. I laughed as she pushed him up the stairs. On his way up he stuck his tongue out at me.

I walked back into the room, my dad was shaking his head as Leo laughed along with me. "El take Ashtray upstairs with you and Leo" he then turned to Fez and Lexi, "I'm gonna go make a pot of coffee or something, any request." Lexi and Fez both shook their head saying coffee was just fine. I grabbed Ash's hand and pulled him with me forcing him the stairs as Leo ran ahead of us. I walked into my room and shut the door. Leo jumped on my bed as I but my tv on. I went on youtube and put on music. Ash sat on my desk chair and I sat with Leo on my bed.

time skip

narrator

They had a rocky start but now Ash warmed up a bit talking with the girl wasn't horrible. they've been talking for about 2 hours now. Within those 2 hours they've learned a lot about each other. 

"Okay favorite movie go"

"Easy, The Bronx Tale" Ash said to Elara. "I love that movie but my favorite is My Cousin Vinny" El said back as she handed Leo another lego.

"My favorite movie is Toy Story." Leo said going to Ashtray, sticking his hand out for another lego piece. "That's a good one buddy" Ash said to the tiny blonde boy.

Later on their conversation, El learned that Ashtrays favorite color is red and his best friend is his brother and he only had a select few of friends back in East Highland. Ashtray also made a new nickname for the short brunette. A nickname the girl doesn't completely hate. EJ. She loved the fact he took a liking enough in her to make a nickname.

Ashtray learned that Ej's favorite color is emerald green and her best friends are Kingsley and Valerie and she has lived in this town all her life. They even learned some deeper shit like the only reason Ashtray moved here was because his grandma passed away. Lexi believed they should get a fresh start. Or that Elara never had a good relationship with her mother. But nothing more was learned about her other than she left after Leo was born.

The clock hit 3 and the door bell rang again. Fez and Lex already left due to shopping plans. Elara's father yelled up the stairs loud enough for her to hear.

"Jean their here"

"Who's here?" Ash questioned quietly. "Her friends." Leo answered for her. She smiled as she opened the door to hear the footsteps up the steps. Ash could see the light in her eyes as she saw her friends emerge from the dim lit hallway.

"Your favorite gay is here!" Rylan exclaimed as he hugged Elara. A laugh escaped her lips as Valerie spoke "Um well I'm her favorite person." She hugged Elara tightly than walked over to Leo hugging him. Elara did her hand shake with Kingsley, the one they made when they were 5. Kings then sat next to Valerie on El's bed.

"And who's this El?" Rylan asked pointing at Ash who was sitting in her desk chair. Quite awkwardly. "This is my new neighbor, his name is Ash." Elara exclaimed standing next to Ash with a bright smile on her face"

a/n: this was very annoying to re-write bc i deleted to og chapter but i honestly like this one better. (update: also past me be more annoyed because we re-writing/editing every chapter)