CHAPTER 18

The next day, I was still thinking if I should tell jenny about the night before, I then got a text from maggie saying she was sorry and she wanted to apologize...I didn't reply, I was still thinking on what to do...
I wanted to tell my mom but she would shoot at me....
But I could tell jenny's mother...she would know what I should do and she could tell me how jenny might react to all this, I called her but she already left to her house and wasn't going to come back until the weekends...so I had to wait till then.

     I finally met her mother and explained everything to her..I was expecting her to shout at me but she didn't...she just kept looking at me while I told her everything.

  " That's it Mrs. Gold, do you think she would be mad"

" Uh...you haven't told her what happened that night?" She asked.

I shook my head " no"

" Why haven't you?"

"Well I'm scared"

" Well I don't blame you .....look there is one thing I'm sure of, and that is that when jenifer puts her mind into something, she gives it her all , so even if she gets mad, I don't think she would want to break up because of this"

I was suddenly feeling hopeful " you really think so??"

She took a deep breath , then said " no"

" Wait, what?"

" Look I know she's my daughter and everything but I still can't figure out what goes on in that head of her's....but there's one thing I'm sure of, she hates being lied too"

So I made up my mind that I was going to tell her that evening, so I texted her.

Me: hey..

Jenny: hi

Me: can I come over tonight..I have something I want to talk to you about

Jenny: ummm..sure but let me come to your house, i can't remember the last time I was there...

Me: oh ok

Jenny: ok I'll see you in a bit. Bye

Me: Bye.

After like thirty minutes there was a knock on my door...

" Your really quick....." I stopped as I opened the door " maggie...what are you doing here?"

" Eric I'm so sorry"

" Ok, you need to leave.. like right now"
She walked inside but I was still at the door holding it open.

" I'm sorry Eric....I think I'm still in love with you"

" And I don't care ok ... please leave"

She walked to where I was standing holding the door, she grabbed my shirt and kissed me, I pushed her away

" What is wrong with you?"

"Wow" we both turned to find jenny standing in front of us,  I felt my heart drop...she had seen the kiss, she looked from maggie to me and started walking away.

" Jenny.. jenifer wait" I went after her, she  took the stairs...I lived on the third floor.

" Jenny wait" she just kept going down until the last floor when we got to the entrance of the building, I held her hand

" Don't touch me" she looked at me, I could see tears almost falling from her eyes.

" Look Jen It's not what it looks like ok"

" Is this why you wanted to see me, huh?
Is this your way of telling me that you were tired of me Eric " her voice was breaking as tears came down her face.

Before I could say anything she went through the doors into the rain, I followed after her.

" Jen please you have to listen to me I would never do anything to hurt you"

She didn't say anything...she just kept walking..is was raining heavily and we were both wet. I ran up to her and help her by the waist
" Jenny listen to me please"

She was crying out loud now, struggling for me to let her go, after a minute she stopped struggling then said...

" I can't do this..."
My hands went weak, they fell to my side, she turned around and looked at me..
" I can't do this..." Then she turned around and started walking away, I wanted to go after her but I if I did she might get angry and say something she doesn't mean.
I walked back to my apartment wet and dripping, maggie was gone...I would wait for jenny to calm down before we talk.

The next morning I went to her apartment as she opened the door she just stared at me then walked away, her eyes looked very swollen, she had been crying all night.
As I stepped inside and closed the door she was just standing there looking at me.

" What do you want Eric"

" Jen I can explain... it's not what it looks like"

She didn't say anything.

" She came to my apartment and told my she was sorry, I told her to leave then the pulled me in and kissed me, that's all , I never meant for any of this to happen"

" Is this the first time?" She asked me

" What "

" That you kissed her"

"I Never kissed her jenny....she kissed me the night she said she got robbed"

" Then why did you tell me" she was trying to hold back her tears.
" What I'm I supposed to do now huh...."

" Look I'm sorry Jen...I would never hurt you"

" But you did!!" She shouted, she was crying again.

Before I could say something she said

" I think we should stop"

" What ?" I said hoping it wasn't what I think it is..

"Us..we should stop"

" Jen..are you breaking up with me"

She didn't say anything.

" Shouldn't we talk about this first"

" No...you didn't feel the need to talk to me about maggie, then why should we talk about this?...there is nothing to talk about" she said cleaning her tears then walking away.