CHAPTER 17

After Jenny left the supermarket, I knew things were not going to go well but I couldn't go after her now, not when she's very angry...
All the years we've been together, I noticed that when she gets angry ... it's better to leave her alone for sometime before approaching her because if you do approach her at that moment she might end up saying things she doesn't mean and because she has said it she almost always sticks to it. I don't know why she sticks to it but she does, I guess it's just who she is.

So after about two hours I go to her apartment but she wasn't there so I decided to wait for her.

" What are you doing here?" Jenny said as she came in.

" Jenny , hold on I can explain"

She took a deep breath , she was still angry.

" I just have one question Eric"
She said calmly.
The calmer she is the more pissed she is.

" Yeah?"

" Why did you lie"

" Jenny I....she wanted me to help her , she said she had asked you but you were busy and I didn't tell you because  I knew you would be mad"

" Mmm" she hummed then she walked to the living room , sat down and turned on the TV.

" Jenny?"

" Mmm" she answered

"Come on, let's talk about this"

She didn't say anything, she  just stared at the tv .
I took the remote and  turned off the TV.

She took a deep breath before looking at me " I was watching that"

" Let's talk ok?"

" What do you want to talk about Eric"

" This"

She pinched the bridge of her nose then looked at me " I have nothing to say...
Am I angry you lied to me? Yes,
Am I angry you went shopping with your ex without telling me ? Yes,
Am I angry that you  think it's ok to do that kind of thing and feel it's nothing? Yes,
Am I angry that your either to naive or you just don't care to know that your ex girlfriend is still in love with you and is a manipulative bitch? Yes ,
So which one of these things would you like to talk about Eric, please, do tell"

" Look Jen I am so sorry, I just wanted to help her ....I'm very sorry"
She stared at me for a while before she said

" Fine, I'm not mad anymore... just don't do it again"

I hugged her " I won't, I promise"

" And Eric"

" Yeah"

" I just wanted to tell you that I love you"

I smiled " I love you too" she gently moved away and stared at me.

" I love you and that's why I'm going to tell you this.."

" Ok" the atmosphere suddenly became more tense.

" I grow up telling myself that I would never fall in love because of the things I've seen and heard in life, so when you asked that we make our relationship official, I told myself that I was going to do my best and i would do what I had to do for this relationship, and I broke the promise I made to myself about never falling in love. I also told my self that I was going to make this relationship work because I love you and want to be with you for as long as we both still want each other." She paused.

" But I will not let myself go through the things my mother went through in a relationship, I am that selfish Eric, I will not put myself through the emotional torture because of love...I don't think it's worth it.
So what I am trying to say is...I don't want either of us to go through that, so if anyday you stop loving me or you can't stand me anymore, do let me know and I promise to do the same to you too"