I turned the water off and got out, towel drying myself. The steam swirled around me still as I ran the towel through my hair. I still wasn't used to the color or length change.

I took the contacts out, putting them in their container with solution and wrapped the towel around my body before padding out into the room. I changed into a t-shirt and shorts before slipping into the bed beside James who seemed to already be asleep.

He mumbled slightly and his arm wrapped around me before a sigh brushed against the back of my neck and his breathing continued at a slow, restful pace.

~~~

I woke the next morning of my own accord. I stretched my legs out and rolled slightly as my eyes started opening.

"Hey," I said in a sleepy drawl. "What are you doing?"

"Watching you sleep."

James was still in bed laying next to me. I stretched some more and groaned before looking back up at him.

"Well that doesn't sound creepy or stalker like at all," I said with a playful nudge.

"It's not like there's much else to do locked up in this room," he said with a dismissive gesture.

"Gee. You really know how to make a girl feel special," I rolled my eyes and he smiled.

James leaned forward and kissed me. I could feel the growing connection there. Each time we kissed or touched it got harder and harder to pull away. I was fairly certain it had something to do with the bond that we had started that day I'd let him mark me. That had been over three months ago.

James' hand slid from my hip, around to the small of my back. His fingers slipped under my shirt, touching bare skin and the fire sparked from the kiss turned into a roaring flame within me.

My heart picked up pace and our bodies got closer with the sensation flowing between us. The tension, the passion, it was tangible. His hand slid further up, my shirt moving with it.

I fought through the haze in my mind and forced myself to pull back.

"What's happening?" My voice was just a breathy whisper.

"From the fear I smell on you, I think you know what it is," he whispered back.

"I want to hear you say it though. I want confirmation."

I was actually scared to death to hear him say it, but I needed to know for sure.

"It's the bond calling on us, pulling at us to complete it."

"Does that mean that we have to?"

I still wasn't sure if I was ready to take that step. The implications that came with completing the bond were nerve-wracking. It was essentially me telling him that I trusted him with my heart, body, and soul. I did trust him but I wasn't sure if I was ready to take the final step.

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to do," he said in a whisper. I could see just beneath the surface though, it was something he wanted. He wanted to disintegrate all barriers between us. Part of me did want that too.

"I just don't know if I'm ready." I'd said it more to myself aloud than I'd intended it to be for him, but I felt his hand squeeze mine tightly.

"Then I'll wait for you to be ready." James leaned in and pressed his lips to my forehead. We stayed like that and I closed my eyes, taking in the sensations it invoked in me.

"So are you going to tell me what happened while you were in the hornet's nest?" He asked.

"Right." I nodded and we separated a bit. "Everything apparently checked out. You're werewolf guy did his job well. They dropped me off and gave me that envelope, I was told it will have everything I'll need for when I report on Monday."