Chapter 9-

People were asking what who I had in mind to play Electra/Eliza with red hair... I have the same person in mind, but I decided to do a little edit for you all. I gave Lyndsy Fonseca red hair and green eyes so you could all have a little image of what she would look like. I did the edit because I <3 you all lol. I learned how to do hair just for you. Image is above... Now onto the story!!

************

When I walked into the room, James was standing mid-stride, frozen stiff. When his eyes rested on me I could see his entire body relax and he came straight toward me.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly, I had no room to move. I wasn't sure what to do, it wasn't exactly something that I was used to. I'd had hugs before of course, but nothing like this. Nothing that held all the pent up tension he'd been carry the past hours.

"I was so worried about you," he said into my ear and released me.

"I'm okay. Everything is okay. It was only a bite and a scratch. Everything was taken care of well enough that I shouldn't get an infection, but who knows."

"I'm not just talking about that ghoul, El. You went straight into the lion's den. I was worried they weren't going to let you out."

"To be completely honest, I was worried about that too."

I sat the envelope down on the desk and took a seat on the bed. Since the nerves had started dying down, I'd noticed just how exhausted I truly was.

I looked out the window to the pink sky, the sun was starting to rise. The entire night was gone.

"I need a shower and some sleep. You look like you could use some sleep as well," I said noticing the dark circles that were starting to form. He looked truly awful, and I felt bad that I was the cause of it.

I stood up then, right in front of James and looked down, meeting his heavy gaze.

My hands cupped his cheeks and I lowered my head down until our lips met. It was a soft yet hungry kiss and I couldn't believe what it brought out inside of me. I'd admitted it a few times to him, what it really was inside now, but I felt like I needed to say it again. I felt like after everything that had happened, everything I'd been through and everything that I'd put him through, I needed to say it, and I needed to say it right.

"I love you...Jared."

I saw the reaction in his eyes at my use of his name. I think it created more of a reaction than anything else ever could have. I knew changing identities and using those names, even behind closed doors, was hard on him. I knew that he felt like he was losing sense of himself, I'd witnessed that from the other day with his wolfish breakdown and my not so mid life crisis.

I wore my new identity like a favorite coat, one I never wanted to take off again, he wore his like a tight leather skin that he couldn't breathe in and couldn't wait to tear off.

"I love you too, Electra."

Our words had been like a whispered promise. So low that it barely carried from the space between us. A promise that began and ended with us.

As that promise floated into the silence, I turned and made my way to the bathroom.

Soon the steam started to fill the room. I watched as my reflection slowly started to distort from crystal clear to a foggy, barely-there shape. My palm pressed to the wall next to the edge of the mirror before I pried my eyes away and turned to the sanctuary of the hot water.

I could feel my fears, my anxiety, everything that had been building up, seep from my body as the hot water pounded against my skin. It washed down the drain along with the suds.