Part Fifteen: Jealous Michael

Last Time:

"What kind of chapstick are you wearing," Harry asks quickly, already beginning to push himself away. "Cherry," you whisper back in utter confusion. "Why?" "Same as Ashton," Harry says with a giggle before turning stern faced once again. The sound of someone skating was nearby. "I hope you're good at improv, Y/N," Harry whispers, fully pushing away from you and pushing your hands off of him. "This is about to be the act of you life." And with that, Harry grabbed your hand and turned around, gliding just slightly with you in tow.....before running straight into a furious-looking Michael.

This Time:

Harry looks at you and gives you a quick wink before painting on an expression of shock and looking up at your blonde-haired best friend.
(A/N: Yes, I know Mikey's hair is blue now but, hey, you win some and lose some, right?!)

"S-s-sorry sir," Harry slurs out, sounding genuinely scared of the kitten-like Michael. "We didn't mean to run into you--" Harry stops talking when Michael gives him a death glare. If look could kill, Harry would've been history. "Listen kid," Michael says, stepping back a bit to get himself away from Harry who had still been leaning on him from 'running into him'. "I'm gonna say something, and I'm only gonna say it once so you'd better listen. And listen well." Harry drops your hand when Michael grabs the collar of his lovely winter coat. "Keep your grubby mitts off of my--" your heart skips a beat when Michael says 'my'. Was he gonna say girlfriend? Hell, even him calling you his 'girl' would've made your lifetime.

"Best friend," Michael concludes, making your heart sink to your stomach as you watch him let go of your 'date.' "Mikey," you say soothingly, his eyes automatically fleeting from Harry to you. You make eye contact with him before reaching out and touching his arm. "It's okay," you assure him, leaning foreword just a bit. "He doesn't mean to hurt me. We're on a date." Mikey's face shows almost automatic disgust, followed by betrayal. "Yeah, I can tell. I saw the two of you snogging in the corner," he says with a snort before glaring at Harry, silently daring him to say any sort of objection. Harry stays wise and remains silent.

"I'm just trying to keep you safe, Y/N," Mikey whispers, shoving your hand away. "Guys like him....they're bad news. They'll romance you, take you nice places and then abandon you for the next pretty face." Before you can say anything, Harry decides it would be a fantastic time to insert his two cents. "I'm sorry to butt in but, Mikey, is it," Harry asks, sending a glare in Michael's direction. "I have no bad intentions intended for Y/N. She simply told me that she was wearing cherry chapstick, which is my favourite, so I decided to take advantage of the moment; not of her". Harry pauses, grabbing for your hand, which you 'gladly' give to him. "Never of her." You see Mikey cringe a bit before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Back off," Michael growls at Harry before looking at you with nothing but kindness, "Y/N," he starts, sounding exhausted. "This is ridiculous. This guy, he's just some....some asshole trying to get in your pants, which I will not allow. Just please, go home." You raise an eyebrow cockily, remembering for the second time that night what Harry had told you: Make this look convincing. So you straighten your back, raise your chin, look Mikey in the eyes and say four words that you know will break him. "No. I'm staying here."

Michael rolls his emerald eyes, grabbing at the mittened hand that wasn't taken by Harry. "No, Y/N," he says with a sarcastic chuckle, tugging slightly on your arm. "No, you're not". "Hey," Harry growls, tugging at your other arm. Damn, was this kid good at acting!! "The lady said she wants to stay." Mikey rolled his eyes once again, looking slightly amused.

"And I said that she's leaving." He pulled on your arm again. "No she's not," Harry growls at the same time you mutter "No, I'm not."

You knew it was pointless to fight against Michael though, because that boy always found a way to get what he wanted. And as of now, he wanted you. And you knew he would get you, one way or another. "Let go of her," Michael yelled at Harry through gritted teeth, pulling you against his chest. "Or else." "Ooooh, I'm scared," Harry retorted, squeezing your hand. Mikey rolled his eyes for the third time that night before letting go of you and grabbing Harry by his collar.

"Want to fight, little man," Harry asked with a teasing tone, picking on Mikey's height. You could see Michael's jaw clentch. "Wanna lose," Michael retorted, lifting his opposite hand in the form of a fist. Harry's eyes widened as he frantically shoke his head. "Good." Michael dropped Harry, and you watched as Harry crumpled on the ice in a defeated way. "C'mon, Y/N," Mikey whispered, grabbing your hand. "We're leaving."

>>>>Le Time Skip, At Le Y/N's Front Porch<<<<

"Y/N," Michael whispered after you explained everything to him. "If that's Ashton's boyfriend, then why did you guys kiss?" The question sounded skeptical, and you sighed. "We didn't. We went to a corner and got awkwardly close to each other to make it look like we were kissing. It was Harry's idea to try and get you more jealous." Michael sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Well, it worked like a fucking charm, Y/N. I felt SO jealous when I saw you with him because.......because, uhmm," Michael trailed off, running both of his hands through his hair in frustration, tugging slightly at the dyed roots. "I thought we had something special," he whispers, closing his eyes with a sigh.

"We do," you confirm, watching his eyes flicker open. "Mikey, we've been through this: I love you. I just felt a bit unwanted, and Ashton came up with that stupidly elaborate plan to make you......want me, I guess. "Shut up, Y/N," Michael groans, pulling you close. He leans down, touching the tip of his nose to yours. "I do want you." You could feel his breath against your lips and before you could respond or react, his lips pressed against yours.

And you kissed back.