🤍I came back for you

Pairing: Larissa Weems x Fem Lector

Author's Note: 

Y/n fights for Larissa

Word count: 883

~~~~~~~~~~

You feel a sharp prick in your neck and your mind goes to the only person you've ever loved. You take Larissa as an anchor, transporting you to where she is but something went wrong and you end up on the outskirts of Nevermore.

You quickly start your run looking for the woman, you check her officer, room, classrooms, common areas; you start to despair for not finding her anywhere and you try again, this time appearing in the greenhouse.

You fall by her side taking her lifeless body in your arms while tears fall freely down your face.

-Rissa,- you plead, clinging to her body.

Unconsciously your power begins to work absorbing all life around you, killing the plants in the greenhouse, as you bring Larissa back to life.

The woman wakes with a jolt before falling unconscious from the physical toll of it all.

-----You see the woman kneeling in front of you and your eyes fill with tears knowing that you will have to turn her away.

-Larissa I...- feeling a strong pain in your heart -I can't do it- you say with your voice breaking at the end.

-It's okay honey, I'll wait for you when you're ready,- standing up and coming closer to you.

-It's not that,- leaving space between you and taking courage to end this, -We have to end it,- holding back the urge to cry.

After that Larissa left your house with a broken heart, if it were up to you you would have accepted her proposal, happy to be able to form a life together; but if you really loved her, you had to do it for her own well being.

By the next day there was no longer any trace of you in Jericho, you had disappeared during the night leaving behind the only person you had ever loved.

You come out of your thoughts when you hear a groan, turning to look at Larissa, as she regains consciousness.

-Take it easy,- internally debating whether you should leave her alone.

-What are you doing here?" she asks angrily as you receive a death stare from her.

-I came back for you,- you say forcing a smile.

She simply looks away trying to hide her eyes that are starting to fill with tears.

-I'm so sorry for all the pain I caused you,- sitting down next to her, -I deserve that you hate me, but I would have hated myself more if I had let them find you,- tracing meaningless patterns on your leg, -as long as we were together it was only a matter of time before they came for you...".

An awkward silence is created as your words hang in the air.

-I think you'll be happy to know that Marilyn or Lauren is dead," getting off the bed to leave.

Larissa stands there, not knowing what to do with what you had told her, all this time she wanted to know the reason why you ended the relationship and now that she knew the answers she had no idea what to do with it.

From the beginning she knew it was going to be difficult, when she met you you were cold and distant with everyone, not letting anyone break through the walls you had built. But somehow Larissa managed to break down one by one until she got to the purest part of you and had realized that it was actually your way of protecting yourself from the rest of the world.

She was aware that you had a rather dark past, which you simply preferred not to talk about and she respected that, but to learn that because of this same past was the reason why you abandoned her was a heavy blow.

------

Weems was standing in front of the house in which you two had shared good times years ago, it looked exactly the same as the last time, it hurt her to know that she would never see you again, you were just gone...again.

-Larissa,- she hears a voice behind her.

She turns around, finding you there with some bags in your hands.

-I thought you had left,- surprised at your presence.

-I have nowhere else to go and technically the house is mine.

They stand there looking at each other, there were so many things to say that none of them dared to take the first step, a strong wind makes them shiver, inviting her to come in.

-I'll make some tea,- in an attempt not to be alone with her.

You stand in front of the stove as you try to process why she is here, you had ruined it a year ago, why will your house come.

-Why did you do it?- asks a voice behind you.

-They were very close to finding me and I was afraid that...- being interrupted by Larissa.

-I don't mean that, why did you bring me back?

-For all these years you were the reason to keep fighting...I couldn't let you go,- turning to look at her and holding her gaze upward.

-I don't know whether to trust you,- he replies, looking away.

-Then I will take it upon myself to show you every day that you can do it," approaching her and taking one of her hands.

Regaining trust in someone meant demonstrating with actions that things could be different, as well as time; but you would make sure to spend every second of your life proving to Larissa that she could trust you.