💜Hello pumpkin

Pairing: Wilhemina Venable x Fem Lector

Author's note: I had this in drafts for a while, didn't like the ending but there it is.

Word count: 2027

~~~~~~~~~~

-Winnie, who were you talking to?

-I was making a video call with Y/n but the internet went down.

-I don't like you hanging out with that girl.

-But Y/n is my friend

-Yeah, but she's gay, good thing her parents are dead they are spared the disappointment that their daughter is sick- she angrily blurts out making Wilhemina shift uncomfortably in her place.

-She is not sick, mother

-Enough, we are not going to have this conversation,- she says before leaving the room.

-Winnie,- you shout softly, crawling out from under her bed.

-Shut up

-All this time I've been calling you Mina when I could have called you Winnie," squealing with delight.

-I'm sorry you heard what my mother said,- she apologizes with a sad smile.

-Don't worry, but I have to go- sitting down for a moment on her bed.

-No, she was just being stupid,- he says playing with his cane.

-It's not for that, Miriam is going to bring dinner and she wants me there for when she arrives-, changing a smile.

-All right,- she says with melancholy in her voice.

-I'll see you tomorrow pumpkin,- leaving a kiss on her cheek.

-See you tomorrow Y/n- watching you leave through his window

-I'll let you know when I get there

- - -

-Hello pumpkin,- you say, accosting her in the hallway.

-How many times must I tell you that I hate it when you call me pumpkin?

-But why?- you ask, pouting, -You're small and red-haired, the perfect description of a pumpkin!

-Don't call me pumpkin,- looking at you angrily.

-All right...Winnie,- smiling mockingly.

-You know what? I'd rather you call me pumpkin.

-So what's the plan today pumpkin,- you ask, letting her into the living room.

-I don't know what you're talking about," she answers taking her usual seat.

-Today's plan, did you think I forgot about it?- pulling out a gift for Mina from your backpack.

You see how her eyes light up when she sees you bought her a white dress with purple flowers and fingerless gloves of the same color.

-But how did you get the money to buy this?- she asks playing with the friendship necklace you gave her years ago.

-I have my ways,- you say before the teacher comes in.

-Good morning class

- - -

You imagined it would be Miriam calling you asking if you need anything, but you were surprised to find Mina's name on the screen, when you answer you hear the sadness in her voice as she asks if you can pick her up.

When you arrive you find her crying in the rain, while her clothes are completely soaked and she is holding something against her chest; with your umbrella you protect her from the water while you ask her to get in the car with you.