𝟏𝟒 | 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓

──────────────────

SIRENS BLARED AS SHIELD vehicles descended upon the four. Rumlow and the STRIKE team surrounded them.

"Drop the shield, Cap! On your knees! Get on your knees!" Rumlow ordered loudly.

A dozen rifles were aimed at Y/N's head as he, Sam and Natasha cautiously left their cover and held their hands up.

"Now! Get down! Get down!" Rumlow ordered.

A news helicopter buzzed from above. Rumlow eyed it and looked to an agent with his rifle near Rogers' head.

"Put the gun down. Not here. Not here!"

Y/N was cuffed last out of the four, and Rumlow smiled as the teenager was shoved against the side of the STRIKE van. His injuries were mid-healing, but Rumlow kicked the back of Y/N's knees. He fell down and Rumlow met him at eye level.

"Welcome to the other side, Y/N."

Steve's head lay low as they were transported in the STRIKE vehicle. Two guards sat on one end whilst Sam sat next to Natasha, and Y/N next to Steve. The latter spoke after a long silence.

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How's that even possible?" Sam asked him. "It was, like, 70 years ago."

"Zola," Steve answered. "Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43─"

"Zola must have experimented on him," Y/N cut in. "Sounds in character for HYDRA."

The soldier nodded. "Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and─"

"None of that's your fault, Steve," Natasha muttered quietly.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

Natasha leant back and her shoulder wound oozed red liquid. Y/N noted her pale face and quiet groans. Sam locked eyes with the teenager and turned to one of the guards.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck─"

He was silenced by the guard pulling out an electric stun baton and zapping it threateningly. The guard then made a sudden takedown on the other guard, knocking them unconscious.

They removed the black-visor helmet, revealing Maria Hill herself.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain," she remarked. Y/N's jaw dropped as she gazed at them all. Maria looked at Sam quizzically.

"Who's this guy?"