𝟎𝟔 | 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊

──────────────────

THE QUINJET RACED TOWARDS NEW YORK.

By the time the others reached the city, all hell had broken loose. A squadron of alien creatures was already hunting Tony who had failed to close the wormhole. 

"Stark, on your three, headed northeast," Nat told Tony. 

"What? Did you guys stop for a drive-thru?" He called out sarcastically. 

"Swing up Park. I'm going to lay them out for you."

Tony flew across from the group, closely followed by the Chitauri. Natasha opened fire on them with the mounted mini-gun, taking multiple targets down. Clint ultimately jetted skyward to follow Tony as he took down more alien soldiers.

Y/N spied Thor fighting Loki on the tower. "Nat?"

"I see him."

The jet turned to face the duel and opened fire on Loki. Amidst the gunfire, Loki threw Thor away from him and shot back at the Quinjet with a blast from the sceptre. It came into contact with a propeller and destroyed it.

The jet spun and began to descend as Thor went in for round two against his brother

The jet spun and began to descend as Thor went in for round two against his brother. Natasha and Clint tried to steady the aircraft as Y/N and Steve clung on. They manoeuvred around tall buildings, eventually coming to a stop and landing in an empty parking lot.

The four emerged and prepared for battle. Y/N turned to Natasha and Clint as he fixed his suit.

"When all of this is over, how about that road trip we talked about?" He asked. Natasha smirked as Clint grabbed his quiver. 

"Sure, maybe Clint can teach you how to shoot a bow."

The archer rolled his eyes. "I'd rather use a sword instead of a bow."

They ran onto the street and looked up at Stark Tower.

"We got to get back up there."

The four began to run for the entrance, but a low, mechanical, grumbling sound made Y/N look up. A leviathan floated through the wormhole and descended on the city. His eyes widened.

"What in the E.T-slash-Jaws crossover hell is that?"

Chitauri soldiers dropped from the alien slug as it ran itself alongside buildings, glass toppling down onto the street.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked into his radio.

"Seeing. Still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted."

Y/N ran with the others and sheltered behind a taxi cab. He saw people running along the streets with no hope of escape.