{𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟}𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕖𝕓𝕦𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝔹𝕒𝕝𝕝

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴛᴏᴘꜱ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ. ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʜᴀꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴇᴠɪᴅᴇɴᴛ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ....

     𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐭 in the dressing room at her vanity, dressed in the silky white robed like everyone else who was getting ready. She was staring into the lit mirror at herself. She'd never truly seen herself as someone particularly beautiful. But that night she felt beautiful. She'd always felt like the standard for girls were as if they weren't supposed to know if they were beautiful or not, they were to wait for someone to tell them they were beautiful. But Flora knew that was bullshit. We are all beautiful in our own ways. 

Flora applied her makeup, bedazzling it slightly more with some fitting shimmery eyeshadow and typical eyeliner. Shayla coming by and helping her with some light concealer (she didn't like it much due to it making her breakout) and blush. She wore a slightly bolder lip shade and altogether, the look was stunning on her. 

Belly walked into the dressing room, eyes scanning the room for only one person, and she immediately spotted them. Their light brown hair standing out. Flora wasn't facing her, but Belly wanted so desperately for those eyes to be locked on her own brown ones. She wanted to tell Flora much more than she knew how to say. 

"Belly, you're here!" Shayla grinned. "Come, I've saved you a seat." She smiled, directing Belly to a vanity next to Nicole. "You guys should really talk." Shayla advised, waltzing away to Flora who was farther away from Belly. Belly looked in the mirror at the back of head, wishing she'd turn around. Belly turned her attention to Nicole who deserved an explanation.

"Nicole, I'm really sorry." Belly spoke. Nicole glanced over at the girl.

"About Conrad? Don't be. I'm over it and here with someone else." Nicole said. 

"Can I at least explain?" Belly pleaded. Nicole nodded, turning her full attention to Belly who took a breath. 

"I've liked Conrad for the longest time. And for some reason this summer, I thought maybe he could like me back. But the thing is, I don't think he really does. I think he liked that I liked him. And I was so excited when he asked me to the ball. I mean, this was kind of all I'd ever wanted." Belly explained. Nicole's eyes were beginning to fill with understanding as Belly talked.

"But the thing is, I've been kind of forcing myself to like this... to like him. Because this whole time, I think I've really actually loved someone else. But I've been too blind to see it. Too stuck in the past, trying to want what I wanted. And through all of this, I'm sorry, Nicole. I'm sorry I ruined things with you and Conrad. But I do promise I'm not in love with him anymore." Belly spoke. Nicole gave a light smile.