{𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟}𝕊𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕀 𝕚𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖

ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ꜱʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴇᴇʟꜱ ꜱᴀꜰᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙᴇʟʟʏ...

    𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬 sat on the floor of her bedroom, hair damp from taking a shower to wash of any reminder of the night's events. She had let the hot water run over her body and tried to scrub off the touch of Callum and her father. 

She sat by the foot of her bed, starring at the wall, trying to make sense of anything she could. Why had it taken her so long to realize she had feelings for Belly? Part of her always knew but she'd come to terms with it recently which was a big shift for her. 

Flora tore her eyes away from the wall when she heard a soft knock on her door. Her heart leapt slightly, hoping it wasn't her dad. But a face peeked in, shyly. It was Belly. A sense of relief washed over her because Belly was really the only person she wanted to see. 

"Have you been crying?" Belly's face immediately scrunched into worry.

"Doesn't matter. What's up?" Flora asked. 

"Not much, I kind ruined the night for everyone, though. I exposed Steven for cheating on Shayla, I made Susannah drop the cake, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cam is mad at me. So, I'm sorry I got so drunk. Bet that wasn't fun for you to be around." Belly winced. 

"It's okay. Do you uh wanna go for a walk or something?" Flora suggested.

"Yeah sure." Belly smiled. She glanced at Flora's arm and jumped when she saw the light bruises. "Flory! What the hell happened! Flory, who did that to you!" Belly demanded. Flora's heart dropped, she wished she'd worn a sweater.

"Belly, please don't worry about it, okay?" Flora tried reassuring, as she walked past Belly downstairs. She swiped up a hoodie lying on the couch and slipped it on.

"Flory! Wait!" Belly called, following her outside down the beach path.

"Belly, please. I really don't want you to worry about it." Flory said.

"I can't not worry! Flory who did it!" Belly pleaded. Flora ignored her still and walked out onto the beach. "Was it your dad?" Belly asked, making Flora stop and turn around.

"No, Bells. Please leave it." Flora said softly.

"It was Callum, wasn't it?" Belly spoke, making Flora's eyes fill up with tears. "Because, I know damn well, Conrad would never ever do that, neither would Jere, even on accident, Steven was dealing with his own issues with Shayla, Susannah would never even think about leaving marks like that and you were alone with Callum all day!" Belly said. "God, I'll kill him, I swear." She whispered to herself before looking up and seeing the hurt in Flora's eyes.

"Flory..." She said, she stepped up to her best friend, knowing she wouldn't want to be touched unexpectedly by Belly, but also knowing she needed someone desperately. Flora finally, fell into Belly's arms, breaking down.

"It's gonna be okay. I'm here. I'm sorry, Flory. I'm really really sorry." Belly sniffled. Tears were silently streaming down both their faces as they embraced each other. 

"Flory, I know this is the last thing you wanna do or talk about, but we need to tell someone." Belly whispered.

"No, I told my dad. You know how that went." Flora sniffed. 

"But everyone else isn't your dad. Flory, we got you. I got you, Flory." Reassured Belly. "It's not my story to tell. So, you take as much time as you need. I'm here for you, Flory." She spoke, she wasn't sure how to help, but it was exactly what Flory needed to hear. 
Eventually, the two just sat in silence, on the sand. Belly's arm was wrapped around Flory's shoulder and Flory's head rested on Belly's shoulder; her arm snaked around Belly's waist. The two sat in silence, but the feeling between them was much louder than words could ever say.

The salty beach air, the black night sky, occasionally sparked with a few colorful pops of fireworks, the warmth of eachother, and the tense warm feeling in their hearts. Some could have said, that was when Belly first fell in love.

 But in reality, she was in love with Flora long before that. It just took her a while to realize it, and it would take her a bit more time. But Florence Fisher was good at waiting. 

After a while, the fireworks in the night sky had ceased popping, everything was quiet and asleep. But the two girls were wide awake and happy in eachothers company. The night had been drastically horrible for Flory, but somehow, in the arms of Belly Conklin... the night became warm, wistful, loving, and kind. It became better, it became beautiful even through the hurt. Although the events and hurt weren't gone, Flory felt as though she was floating, and the hurting ceased just for a little.

The two walked back up to the house, hand in hand. Everyone was fast asleep, so the girls grabbed Flory's laptop and several pillows and throw blankets. The set up near the blue glow of the pool and turned on a movie. 

"What should we watch?" Belly asked, scrolling through various movies.

"We need to watch a classic, something aesthetic, and nice." Flory stated.

"Like what, West side story?" Belly suggested.

"No way am I watching West side story with you, again!" Flory objected.

"You said you liked it!" Belly gasped.

"I did! Until you made me watch it with you like sixty times!" Flory laughed.

"Was not sixty!" Belly laughed. "At least I don't have an obsession with 10 things I hate about you!"

"That is a cinematic masterpiece!" Flora gasped.

"Fine whatever! Just pick something!" Belly laughed, snuggling into Flory's side. Flory smiled delightedly and finally clicked on one of her favorite movies. Dead Poets Society. The movie rolled on the girls occasionally chatting about how the ship "Anderperry" should have been canon and endgame and other various topics. Eventually, the two dozed off in the dark early morning light, to the sound of faint waves splashing up onto the shore, and the sound of a bunch of poets reciting Walt Whitman, peacefully. 

A/N: hope u enjoyed this filler chapter sry it was so short i just wanted to get smt posted! working on more asap!

𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜: 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚- 𝙄𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙨