„So he was the guy you kept texting with the whole time, that time we met last month?"

„He was."

„But you said back then that it wasn't about sex?"

„It wasn't! Back then... I mean, that very first night, yes, but not afterwards, for quite a while. Eventually though... I mean, he is a nice, funny and attractive guy! And even though I barely remembered anything from that infamous drunk night together, I knew that it definitely didn't suck, so at some point, just before Paris... We decided to add certain physical benefits to our friendship."

„I see, I see..."

„And last week in Paris... Pretty much whenever you weren't with us, we were... well, you know."

„Yeah, no worries, I figured by now. Paris tends to have that effect on people. Sean told me that last time a few years ago already the two of you couldn't keep your hands off each other. And back then, Colin was still married."

Lana sighed while sitting down on her couch, placing a mug with steaming hot tea down on the table in front of her.

„Yeah, I know... I remember that, of course. That wasn't my proudest moment, but... it just happened. He seemed to be more than okay with it at the time too."

„Of course he was! He's had a crush on you for years. Or... real feelings even."

„Shut up!"

„No, I'm serious, he has!"

„How do you wanna know?"

„Because he told me so!"

„What?", she just couldn't believe it, this did not sound like Colin at all, „Bullshit..."

„It's true! You remember that one evening... back then in Vancouver, when we were shooting season 7, and you and Fred had just recently broken up, and you were making out with Daniel, Daniel Francis, remember?"

„Oh Daniel, yes! Yes, of course, I remember!", she couldn't keep a cheeky grin away from her lips.

„And eventually the two of you left together."

„Oh yes, we did!"

„Did you actually... did you really take him home?"

„Of course I did!"

„And you slept together?"

„Of course we did!"

„And... it wasn't too bad, I gather?"

„Let's say I couldn't complain... but what does that have to do with Colin?"

„Right", she cleared her throat, „You remember Colin was there too that night?"

She had to give it a minute to think. „I, uhm... maybe, yeah. Sure."

„Well, he was. He was sitting at the table with me, and he wasn't happy at all about the x-rated stunt you and Daniel were pulling in the back."

„Excuse me?"

„You didn't notice?"

„I barely even remember him there!"

„He said you shouldn't have taken him home because you barely knew the guy."

„I DID know him, he was a colleague?! I most definitely have slept with guys I knew way less. He was really stuck up about it? It was none of his fucking business!"

„Of course it wasn't, but that's not the point, Lana! What do you think, why was he so annoyed by you and Daniel? He was jealous!"

Her breath caught in her throat as she desperately tried to remember that night. Or rather... the evening before since the night itself had remained quite memorable for her.