"I got your message," Cas continued. "How is the case going?"

"Uneventful so far," Dean said. "We don't have many leads. We were just about to go chase down a new one."

"Oh, then I won't keep you long."

"It's fine, Cas. I—I've missed you. How's heaven?"

"Good. Jack's done good work rebuilding and restructuring. I'm proud of all he's accomplished in such a short time."

Dean smiled. "Yeah, he's a good kid. I'm glad you're there to help him."

"He misses you and Sam. He says he'll visit soon."

"Good, it's been too quiet without him."

Cas chuckled. "Even with all the hunters crowding the bunker?"

Dean chuckled too. "Yeah, even then."

There were both silent for a moment. Then, Cas said, "I know I don't need to say it, but be careful. Please? And call me if you need me. You know I can be there instantly since Jack gave me my wings back."

Dean smiled again. "Yeah, I know, Cas. Thanks. But we're okay for now. It's kinda nice going on a regular hunt with Sam again. It's been too long."

"Okay. Then I'll see you when you get back. I love you."

Dean swallowed and forced aside his insecurity. "Love you too."

They said goodbye and Dean hung up. He sat on the bed for a moment, staring at his phone. He hadn't lied to Cas—it was nice hunting with Sam again—but hearing Cas' voice made Dean miss him even more. He hoped this case would wrap up quickly so they could head back to the bunker. He was already itching for some relaxation time with Cas.

~

"Professor Kleimann?" Sam said, knocking on the professor's office door.

The man looked up from his desk, a pair of glasses precariously balanced on his nose. "Yes?"

Sam and Dean stepped into the office and closed the door behind them. "I'm Agent Plant and this is Agent Bonham," Sam said. "We have a few questions for you if you have some time."

Professor Kleimann frowned and took off his glasses. "What is this about? What is the FBI doing in Stockton?"

Dean sat in one of the chairs in front of the professor's desk. "We've been following a case concerning missing children in a few nearby towns. We have reason to believe your son might be next."

"Jasper? Why would he be a target?" Professor Kleimann asked, shoving aside some papers on his desk.

"We're not sure yet," Sam admitted. "And he might not be a target. But he seems to fit the pattern."

"What pattern?"

Dean looked at Sam, who gave a slight shrug. Dean took a deep breath. "The children who went missing were from single-parent homes. Just them and their father. We think they all had the same mother. A woman with blonde hair and gray eyes. Who was Jasper's mother?"

At that, Professor Kleimann's eyes widened. He cleared his throat and clasped his hands in front of him, suddenly trying to appear calm. But Dean had been in this business long enough to recognize an act.

Professor Kleimann's voice was strong, though Dean spotted the fear in it. "I don't know what happened to those poor children, and I hope you find them. But my Jasper has nothing to do with that. His mother left long ago. I have no idea what woman you're talking about. Still, I will keep a close eye on my son for the next few days. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a class to teach."