Chapter Eighteen ~ Uh Oh...

Adira

      "So, Starstorm," Toothless said awkwardly, "what would you like to talk about?"

      I started to wonder what his opinion on me was. So I asked, "is there any human besides your friend with the prosthetic leg that is close to you?"

      "Uh, no- wait, actually there's this one girl. Her name is Adira and she is amazing. She has magical powers that only limit to her imagination."

      "Sounds awesome," I warbled softly, "what can she do?"

      "As far as I know she can turn into a dragon, any dragon species and change colors and swim underwater effortlessly and fly lightning fast. She can also telepathically communicate and change colors. Oh, also she can shoot any element imaginable out of her mouth." He said, gazing upward. "Not to mention that she's never met a dragon that doesn't love her. And she's sweet and nice, but sometimes sassy."

      "She must be really something," I implied, and before I knew it, the words were spilling from my mouth, "if she can use her imagination to disguise her scent and voice to seem like someone totally different."

      Toothless's expression immediately shifted from relaxed to horrified. I mentally facepalmed myself several times at my stupidity. Why would I ever say that? I guess that's what guilt can do to a person.

      Toothless was on his feet now. "What?" He growled, his pupils dilating to slits. Uh oh...

      'Silver, gold, silver, gold, silver, gold!' I thought furiously. I was in big trouble.

      "How- what- why-" Toothless stuttered as my foot healed impossibly fast.

      "Please don't be mad, but I'm going to change your memory," I said quickly, changing into my silver and gold dragon form.

      I pictured Toothless and started to rehearse the memory change in his head.

      You will not remember Starstorm being Adira. You will remember finding a quicker way of healing her and saying goodbye.

      Toothless's head repeated the phrases and when I read his thoughts, his memory was changed. I invisibly flew into the sky, and once I was a distance away, I turned silver and gold and flew back into the cove.

      "Hey, I saw that Night Fury flying away. Did you train her?" I said as casually as possible.

      "No, actually. I found another way to heal her injured foot and then she said goodbye and flew off. I kind of... maybe... sort of... forgot all about training her."

      "Well, she seemed content enough," I comforted him, "I'd consider it done."

      "I guess," he said, "come on, we should be getting back to Hiccup," I told him I agreed and we slowly left the cove, the trip seeming extra long on foot.

      "Do you think it would be okay with Hiccup if I heal your tail fin?" Toothless's eyes brightened at the offer.

      "Yes, I think. I don't know! Do it anyway!" He crooned in glee.

      "Okay, but if Hiccup gets mad, my blood is on your claws." I reasoned and imagined the prosthetic tail fin popping off. Then I pictured another tail fin on the other side of his tail. Toothless flapped it around joyfully.

      "Thank you so much!" He trilled, "How can I repay you?"

      I chuckled, "eh, the amusement of watching you try to fly with it will be enough."

      It was true, Toothless had spent over a year flying with Hiccup controlling the tail. The abrupt change would take a while to adapt to.

      Toothless waved away my remark, "let's test this thing out!" He roared and leaped into the air very ungracefully.

      Oh, dear gods... I groaned inwardly and tried to control my laughter as Toothless veered straight into a tree.

      "Need any help?" I asked rather hopelessly.

      "Nah, I totally got this!" He called back while unintentionally diving headfirst into the ground. "On second thought, can you make these winds go away?"

      The winds he was talking about were slight breezes which couldn't even push over a baby sheep. But I made them go away anyway, and Toothless seemed happy with it. After about another two dozen attempts of flight, Toothless finally got in the air without crashing.

      "Okay, the real struggle will be landing, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it." I sighed. Toothless agreed as we flew into Berk.

      We landed in the square. Or rather, I landed in the square; Toothless crashed right on his side, earning a few worried glances from nearby Vikings. Hiccup came over and started choking on his words when he saw Toothless's new fin.

      "His idea," I gestured at Toothless with my tail, then realized that Hiccup couldn't understand me. I said it in his head, his idea, not mine. And padded back to my little dragon's houses.

      "Adira," Iris whined at my front door when I arrived, "I feel like you pay attention to the other dragons and not me."

      Not true. I don't pay attention to any dragon more than the others. But I wasn't in the mood to argue over it, so I just sighed and said, "I'm sorry, it's not intentional. We can go flying or something if you'd like." Her eyes brightened.

      "Yeah, that'd be great!" She spread her wings and clumsily flew into the air. I followed close behind, eventually making it to her side. She was fairly fast for such a small dragon. "Yay!" She yipped in joy and did a small somersault.

      I noticed something strange out to sea. It was like a huge dragon was underwater, creating a wide mass of bubbles. "Iris, stop!" I hollered, bringing her to a halt. "See those bubbles?" I asked, gesturing with my tail to the huge area in the sea. She nodded in assent, "I'm going to investigate. Stay here." I instructed and dove into the water, feeling my Tidal Class form quickly take place.

      I swam effortlessly and in no time at all, I was brought to a jolting stop. There was a ship, not a sunken ship like expected, but a large ship that actually was sailing underwater. And guess who was aboard and not drowning like they were supposed to? Alvin, Dagur, and Dimitrice.

      "You've got to be kidding me." I blurted, kicking away a floating patch of nearby seaweed. I repeated the phrase again, "you've got to be kidding me!" By then I was having a complete fit, kicking, slicing, and blowing up everything I came in contact with. Very mature, I know. I dove straight out of the water and started slicing the air with my tail blade.

      "Uh, Adira? You okay?" Iris asked uneasily and flew over to my position. I stopped thrashing around and started heaving deep breaths until I was remotely calm again.

      "Stupid Dagur and Alvin joined forces again and rescued Dimitrice off of his island and clearly got a hold of magic because now they're sailing underwater like its normal and are probably going to attack Berk." I seethed, glaring daggers at the bubbles that were slowly drifting towards the island.

      "I'll go tell the dragons, you tell the humans," Iris offered, "is that good?"

      "Perfect." I responded and flew as fast as possible towards the Great Hall.

A/N: Might seem like yet another filler but it's NOT! Haha, I'm so proud. Just wait and see...