Chapter 36

She put her hand on my chest over my heart and closed her eyes as she picked up on my heartbeat. She took a few deep breaths and finally opened her eyes

"Aryaman tried to rape me multiple times before he harassed mukti and even after, I never told her because I stood there like a wall in front of her, I wasn't going to let him break her like he was breaking me. My mom knew, I had told her but she laughed it off the first time and the second and the third but the fourth time she was pissed. She said it was my fault becasue I was most likely giving him hints. When she didn't believe me I had no hope so I would try pretending like it wasn't happening, I kept it in for years. When we got married I thought I didn't need to even think about it becasue you make me happy, you make me want to love myself but see she could't see that"

"Shh"

"She was about to tell the world that you married someone who has been touched by someone else, she was going to make it seem like I had sex with someone before marrying you and didn't tell you about it and how im a charity case. She was going to drag your company down, mukti would be dragged in and it would ruin everyhting so i gave her double the money that was in my account when I married you, thats what she asked for"

"Shs its okay, shhh. I will take care of it" I said kissing her head multiple times

"You will not love me any less na" she asked

"First stop crying" I said and she wiped her face

"Nandini it doesn't matter what your past was, my love never decreases for you. I will make sure he pays for it but it has nothing to do with how I love you baby. i love all of you" I said kissing her forehead

"She she said that you wouldn't want me" she said looking right in my eyes

I saw how broken she was and I couldn't do anything to fix it but I will talk to her parents and get this shit sorted out and even aryman that piece of shit will be begging her for forgiveness

"All I want is you, I don't just want you, I need you in my life nandini. Who cares what she or anyone in this world says, you mean the world to me, god you are my world nandini"

"Really" she asked

"Yes really"

"Then why did she say that" she asked titling her head slightly

She is so innocent and adorable

"Because she wanted to get to you and see she did. I only want you to trust me, I want you to yell at me, cry with me. Tell me what you feel so I can heal it all for you, for us"

Tears trickled down her cheeks again, a sight I despised the most.

"I will make everything okay, cry it out if you need to but today is the last day you are going to cry about this, do you understand me"

"I am so stupid na, you know mera aunty always said I am too innocent for my own good, I thought that I did something wrong but no they just took their frustration out on me. And see I am here with you crying about those people who didn't care about me"

"And that's completely fine, it takes time to heal my love, give it a little bit baby and I promise it won't hurt anymore" I wiped her tears pushing her hair back

"I know you will make it better" she whispered

"I will"

She sat up on my lap with her legs on either side of me, her hands gripping my t shirt.

"I don't want to talk about them, I don't even want to talk to them, it's done"

"Tomorrow morning you will come with me okay"